?for all you surf boffins on here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?for all you surf boffins on here

heres a question for all you surf boffins on here. i finally got to check my speed out yesterday n i was doing 50 mph while m8 was at side of me doing 60mph n we was side by side so it means im going 10 mph over whats on the clock any ideas how to sort it out plz ? i know i'll just have to travel at 20 in a 30 zone n so on till i can get the right reading any advice would be welcome

have you got larger than standard wheels? That could throw the speedo out
    Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm
      heres a question for all you surf boffins on here. i finally got to check my speed out yesterday n i was doing 50 mph while m8 was at side of me doing 60mph n we was side by side so it means im going 10 mph over whats on the clock any ideas how to sort it out plz ? i know i'll just have to travel at 20 in a 30 zone n so on till i can get the right reading any advice would be welcome
      Take the dash apart, carefully take the speedo needle off and let the spindle drop to its resting postion, then put the needle back onas low to the zero as possible, this might help, i did this on mine and now i am 7 mph under what i should be so i have some fine tuning to do.

Colin
      SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

i dont know if they larger than standard just had a look now n it says p265/70R15 so forgive me if i got wrong im still learning not up on tires or mechanics

Comment

It's always possible his is overreading by a long way.

Try it against GPS speed if you can, but make sure to do it in a straight line. GPS speed isn't accurate in bends.
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

no apache i wouldnt have thought so as it stormforce that was by side of me n i keep getting flashed by speed signs on side of road but least we now know why i was getting flashed lol bet ill have some points coming my way now

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
              It's always possible his is overreading by a long way.

Try it against GPS speed if you can, but make sure to do it in a straight line. GPS speed isn't accurate in bends.
              mine seems to be reading ok.With some of the speed cameras around here i would of been caught several times for speeding else
              I have 31x10.5x15's on and my speedo was all done and chipped when it came into the country
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

i dont know if they larger than standard just had a look now n it says p265/70R15 so forgive me if i got wrong im still learning not up on tires or mechanics
                They are standard. Take the dash apart and adjust the needle.
                SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by charvell
                  They are standard. Take the dash apart and adjust the needle.
                  yep charvell is right i expect the needle wasnt put back right when the kph dials were changed for mph dials.
                  www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
                    yep charvell is right i expect the needle wasnt put back right when the kph dials were changed for mph dials.
                    as i will probably be doing this for Will,what exactly do i have to do?Is it just prise the needle off the spline and put back on again

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                      as i will probably be doing this for Will,what exactly do i have to do?Is it just prise the needle off the spline and put back on again
                      Prise it off carefully, let the needle spindle settle and replace the needle as close to the lowest point on the zero marker as possible,, if it has a rest for the needle it is even easier.
                      SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Prise it off carefully, let the needle spindle settle and replace the needle as close to the lowest point on the zero marker as possible,, if it has a rest for the needle it is even easier.
                        Thanks for that.
                        When i put a new speedo face on my old 2.4 i just cut a bit out the speedo so it would slide over the needle as i wasn't sure at the time what to do.Thanks again

Comment

Thanks for that.
                          When i put a new speedo face on my old 2.4 i just cut a bit out the speedo so it would slide over the needle as i wasn't sure at the time what to do.Thanks again
                          no probs let us know how it goes.
                          SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

no probs let us know how it goes.
                            will do.it will have to be in the next 2 weeks anyway but will let you know if its cured it or not

Comment

I changed mine on my 2.4 a couple of weeks ago it was a mission.
                              Steering wheel off colum shroud off switches out heater outlets out half the dash off just to get to the glass bit. Then you have to take that apart. Prise the needle off carefully. Keep all the screws you take out in order they need to go back in the same places.
                              Steve.
                              monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X