Wanted: climbers, drivers and your charity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: climbers, drivers and your charity

Whilst in a gents toilets I read an advert to take part in The Youth Cancer Trust 3 Peaks Challenge. This involves climbing the 3 highest peaks in the UK in 24 hours. Starting on the 16th of June at the foot of Mt Snowden and finishing at the top of Ben Nevis on the 17th. I'm asking for your all of assistance in whether you can either:
    - Join me in climbing all or just one of the peaks
    - Ferry me from mountain to mountain
    - Or just give genrously and cheer me on

I shall be recieving more details over the next few days, to find out the full requirements, I do know I need to raise over £1,500 though.

Many thanks

:note to self, stop reading the adverts in the gents:
    Hold my beer and watch this

U know I think you're blinking crazy, but if you're gonna do it then you know I'll be there waving pompoms or something and would happily drive you from mountain to mountain. I might bring my resus kit as well though - I reckon you might be needing it! Just been looking at the websites on it and everyone who's done it seems to be saying never again!

Comment

well this is the charity's website http://www.yct.org.uk/right-hand-col...eaks-2007.aspx

It's an experience to say I done it, and of course never again lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason_b555
        Whilst in a gents toilets I read an advert to take part in The Youth Cancer Trust 3 Peaks Challenge. This involves climbing the 3 highest peaks in the UK in 24 hours. Starting on the 16th of June at the foot of Mt Snowden and finishing at the top of Ben Nevis on the 17th. I'm asking for your all of assistance in whether you can either:
        - Join me in climbing all or just one of the peaks
        - Ferry me from mountain to mountain
        - Or just give genrously and cheer me on

I shall be recieving more details over the next few days, to find out the full requirements, I do know I need to raise over £1,500 though.

Many thanks

:note to self, stop reading the adverts in the gents:
        It would probably be easier to do the 3 highest peaks in the UK

1 Ben Nevis 1344m
        2 Ben Macdhui 1309m
        3 Braeriach 1296m

than what you are attempting to do which is the highest in each of Scotland, England and Wales.

I'd like to help you out, but it will probably only be the monetery kind (though I've always thought about going up Ben Nevis.
        There are 10 kind of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

'There's no place like 127.0.0.1'

Comment

I'm afraid I can't do more than bung you some cash for the good cause as my wife is walking across Scotland in 2 days that weekend.

On another note if anyone fancies a 'Surf to the Ben' (Nevis of course!) I'd be happy to organise it.

Good luck with the walk!

Dave

Comment

cheers guys, every little will help. The rules require I have a minimum of 3 people: myself to do all three peaks, and 2 other people to drive from peak to peak. I cannot get away with only 1 driver. Anyone else who wishes to join me on the climbs can either do 1 or all 3 of the peaks. I've spoken to the organiser and she's that's ok, provided I got the names and details of who's with me on each peak. I will also set up a donation page on www.justgiving.com probably be like the mac one.

Comment

I've been up all three in three days, with heavy drinking each night.

Snowden is an absolute piece of p1ss. There was a family with two toddlers and a dog when I was up there. Scafell Pike (certainly the route I went....) is the toughest.

I know people who've done the three peaks and they all see it's exhausting but worth it. Good luck. Don't forget your chocolate bars.

Comment

Originally posted by onlynik
                It would probably be easier to do the 3 highest peaks in the UK

1 Ben Nevis 1344m
                2 Ben Macdhui 1309m
                3 Braeriach 1296m

than what you are attempting to do which is the highest in each of Scotland, England and Wales.

I'd like to help you out, but it will probably only be the monetery kind (though I've always thought about going up Ben Nevis.
                wow didn't know that. You're welcome to just join me on the Ben Nevis climb

Comment

I would be more than happy to do some driving, a team from my church did it last year, and some i think would do it again. Money is a bit tight at the moment, but I would do anything i can practically. ( oh... bar walk up three mountains )
                  =========
                  =SOLD UP!=
                  =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
                    I would be more than happy to do some driving, a team from my church did it last year, and some i think would do it again. Money is a bit tight at the moment, but I would do anything i can practically. ( oh... bar walk up three mountains )
                    that's great mate, thanks.

Comment

that's 2 drivers then Now just need some equally nutty people to climb with you lol

Comment

i got a full bus and minibus license if you wanted to take a minibus instead of surfs
                        =========
                        =SOLD UP!=
                        =========

Comment

was at ben nevis at the weekend,(not up it ,AT it) well the pub at the bottom of it to be exact.

climbed it 2 years ago, its not to bad.

i'll see nearer the time, and i might join you for the nevis climb.

the wee pub at the bottom is a welcome sight when you come back down, the piccie with the loch in it is about 20 mins hike from the summit of nevis.

the day we went up thats as far as we got as people coming down were saying that you couldnt see 20ft in front of you.

cheer scotty

Comment

my dad did the driving for a group of 3 who attempted the 3 peaks in 24hours and he did all the driving. I would have offered to drive but you have some of them already and im not sure im free. Let me know the justgiving page though.
                            Tim
                            Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by scotty
                              was at ben nevis at the weekend,(not up it ,AT it) well the pub at the bottom of it to be exact.

climbed it 2 years ago, its not to bad.

i'll see nearer the time, and i might join you for the nevis climb.

the wee pub at the bottom is a welcome sight when you come back down, the piccie with the loch in it is about 20 mins hike from the summit of nevis.

the day we went up thats as far as we got as people coming down were saying that you couldnt see 20ft in front of you.

cheer scotty
                              thanks, you're welcome to come along. The pub at the bottom does look welcome sight. The aim is to reach Nevis at around 5am to start the climb.

Comment

Working...
                              X