• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ello ello ello....

your parked on zigzags

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/surrey/6522523.stm
    The benchmark....

Originally posted by huff_diggler
    do i need medication, or have i just seen this in another thread?
    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

mistake m'lud
      The benchmark....

Comment

fancy a waltz?

any hoo, i did't know you could get points for parking on zigzags?
        The benchmark....

Comment

i spend my days driving/parking/loading in farnham in surrey, and the police will hassle you for parking on zigzags and threaten you with points etc, but i don't know of anyone that's actually had points for this.

in farnham they also hassle you for being in their breathing space.

but if they see someone getting attacked - they'll walk away until they get back up. before anyone harks on "nonsense, they'll do this, that, the other" i've witnessed this twice myself, each time involving two different coppers. the general consensus is that farnham's a training area for them, so you got to put up with this sh!t.
          i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

My son got 3 points a couple of years back for parking on zig zags. No more than 2 mins while he nipped in for a paper. Perhaps a more mature driver might have got away with a warning, but youngsters get nailed for everything. Its maybe not a bad thing to teach them their lessons and responsibilities while still young, but it does seem a bit harsh sometimes.

Bogus
            Сви можемо

Comment

I've pulled a police car over for having dodgy headlights, and one for having a failed rear light too.....hahahahahahaha!
              Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Deffo a policemans highlight of the day up here, even motorcycle cops will dismount for that one, no excuser mlud.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus
                  My son got 3 points a couple of years back for parking on zig zags. No more than 2 mins while he nipped in for a paper. Perhaps a more mature driver might have got away with a warning, but youngsters get nailed for everything. Its maybe not a bad thing to teach them their lessons and responsibilities while still young, but it does seem a bit harsh sometimes.

Bogus
                  That is harsh for 2 mins! A telling off would have been sufficient....can't get hold of one when you need em, but grab a paper for 2 mins and BAM! It took the police 4 months to turn up to my house after my Surf got broken into - 4 flippin months.....

Comment

Another traffic cop game is snooker speeding IE park over motorway and get white first easy Sprinter van hit then the compo starts......Never ever buy a black car then speed, 7 points you are.

Comment

Originally posted by AuldNick
                      Another traffic cop game is snooker speeding IE park over motorway and get white first easy Sprinter van hit then the compo starts......Never ever buy a black car then speed, 7 points you are.

Glad I've got a grey car!

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
                        Glad I've got a grey car!
                        And Burgandy aint really red, is it

Comment

Originally posted by AuldNick
                          And Burgandy aint really red, is it
                          I have a grey Volvo too - but given the times I have near misses in the Surf, I'm certain it's got a cloaking device - but Burgundy isn't red, and I can't go fast in it...too busy posing!

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus

Bogus
                            I got done almost identically about 30 years ago. Unfortunately it was a cop with L plates and she had no discretion.
                            Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

My mate almost gone done a few months back. He needed to go to a cash point in the city centre. He saw a panda car parked on double yellows, and the policeman driver using the cash machine, with a freshly bought morning paper, and carton of milk under his arm. My mate casually parked behind the panda (on double yellows) and stood behind copper at cash point.
                              The copper had the balls to tell him to move his car or risk being fined.
                              My friend calming asked him what kind of emergency situation required him to park on double yellows himself - whilst buying paper / milk / using cash point.
                              the young copper muttered something about joe public never being satisfied with level of service and drove off!!! hehehehehehehe
                              Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Working...
                              X