Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So should they sell their stories?

The guys who were held by Iran?

I think not. I think it's $$$$$$ disgusting and embarrassing and completely unbecoming of HM Forces. The Iranians must be p1ssing their pants with laughter!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

i think they should of told there stories but not for money. they were doing a job which involves the chance of death, being a hostage etc etc

Comment

Why not sell them? Their job is to try and kill people before they get killed. If a footballer's worth 50 grand a week because he only has a 15 year career, soldiers are worth 10 grand once in their life on the basis that they stand a decent chance of never getting to retirement age.

Comment

Originally posted by sledge
        i think they should of told there stories but not for money. they were doing a job which involves the chance of death, being a hostage etc etc
        They are also bound by the OSA (as are we all incidentally) and there they are blabbing their mouths off to the worst of the worst newspapers. Personally, it makes me sick. It's their JOB. Get on with it! I reckon their mates in their outfits will be spitting.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
          They are also bound by the OSA (as are we all incidentally) and there they are blabbing their mouths off to the worst of the worst newspapers. Personally, it makes me sick. It's their JOB. Get on with it! I reckon their mates in their outfits will be spitting.
          I think they are probably going on the basis that they are too junior and, frankly, too stupid to say anything important.

The only footage I saw of their press conference was a young guy with very close together eyes jabbering on about being allowed to smoke.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
            I think they are probably going on the basis that they are too junior and, frankly, too stupid to say anything important.

The only footage I saw of their press conference was a young guy with very close together eyes jabbering on about being allowed to smoke.
            You dont think thats all they got from them? Even the most junior know things of use to 'the other side' when handled expertly and you can bet the Iranians didn't send numpties to talk to them.

Anyway, I think it stinks that they can now talk to the gutter press and dont feel there is any problem with that. They took the queens shilling, they shouldn't be allowed to take their 30 pieces of silver from the sun too.

Fact is, they AREN'T footballers, they are members of HM Forces.

Comment

it's all PSYOPS... they're not just allowed to waffle on about it unsupervised!
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                it's all PSYOPS... they're not just allowed to waffle on about it unsupervised!
                Hehehe, I meant to the Iranians, not to the Sun! Sun readers will believe ANYTHING!

Comment

Hehehe, I meant to the Iranians, not to the Sun! Sun readers will believe ANYTHING!
                  nowt wrong with the SUN!... it has 2 sudokus and a 2 speed crossword!!

takes exactly a 45 min break to read the paper, do 3 puzzles and then use it to wipe my arse!
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Fact is, they AREN'T footballers, they are members of HM Forces.
                    Yeah, I suppose so. I don't know why anyone would do the job in the first place to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                      nowt wrong with the SUN!... it has 2 sudokus and a 2 speed crossword!!

takes exactly a 45 min break to read the paper, do 3 puzzles and then use it to wipe my arse!
                      Oh dont!

The Americans I was working with in Scotland last week discovered the sudokhu in the Sun and spent most mornings doing that rather than what they were supposed to be doing!

Mind you, we're the same when we're over there. I can spend days poring over Streetrod magazine

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
                        Yeah, I suppose so. I don't know why anyone would do the job in the first place to be honest.
                        Well one would suppose from a sense of public duty. Too many these days 'cos there's nothing else'.

Any port in a storm. IMHO I think it devalues those who do it because they believe in what they are doing, which is a dirty, dangerous, thankless task.

Comment

The RN cost us in the Falklands and they should have seen it coming AGAIN this time.

NO they should NOT have the right too sell their story, they created it and they made it to suit.

She should never have covered her head let alone spout hate then fill her pockets, MP'ism here she comes.

Comment

I think its a discrace. Its thier job, I could make a fortune telling the press things that I was involved in. But then they are Royal Navy and it was a big FUBAR on thier part. Gave them a chance to practice thier new two handed saloot (cant spell today) JUst noticed have to pay rhis years subs as well.
                            SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Sell their stories? Did they come home as heroes or did I miss something? Don't get me wrong, I'm as pleased as anyone to see them all safely home, but they're hardly in the Andy McNab league are they?

Then again I'm just an old warmonger, I was all for the armed forces blasting the cr*p out of Iran when they were taken prisoner. I can't blame them for saying what they said whilst being held, I'd have been cr*pping myself as well and we're all heroes when it's not us at the shi*ty end of the stick.

Still back to the question, should they be paid for their stories - NO!
                              'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Working...
                              X