diesel in petrol mix up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diesel in petrol mix up

Bl00dy hell! this morning couldnt find my cradle for me sat nav, turned to house upside down, had to go to yarmouth, so dug the old map out, found out where i have to go, locked the door, got in started her up, drove round to the filling station, still wondering where my cradle was..... picked up the unleaded nozzle and shoved £17 worth of sh!t into my tank, realised!

paid for the petrol, the casheir told me to fill up with diesil and do the run to yarmouth and then fill up again in yarmouth..... yeah right!

filled up with diesil, then drove round the corner home, got me 2x 25litre tanks out of the garage, and syphoned 40 'ish litres of diesil/petrol hybrid out.....

filled up again, with diesel!!!

and about £50 out of pocket

been to yarmouth and back, and not even a stutter.

what an arse day, but at least i got away with the cock up. hopefully...
    Last edited by huff_diggler; 10 April 2007, 23:46.
    The benchmark....

Originally posted by huff_diggler
    Bl00dy hell! this morning couldnt find my cradle for me sat nav, turned to house upside down, had to go to yarmouth, so dug the old map out, found out where i have to go, locked the door, got in started her up, drove round to the filling station, still wondering where my cradle was..... picked up the unleaded nozzle and shoved £17 worth of sh!t into my tank, realised!

paid for the petrol, the casheir told me to fill up with diesil and do the run to yarmouth and then fill up again in yarmouth..... yeah right!

filled up with diesil, then drove round the corner home, got me 2x 25litre tanks out of the garage, and syphoned 40 'ish litres of diesil/petrol hybrid out.....

at least your injectors will be nice and clean!
    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

did that to the companys audi A6,the told me to keep driving it and stop at every filling station and top up that car went better for it but wont do it again not to popular that day
      SILENCE........................I ... kill you

Comment

chuck it back in, half a gallon to a tank full.....
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

So it's a 50:50 mix of diesel / petrol? Keep it and mix it 50:50 with veg oil. Should work out just fine!
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

$$$$ happens.... we all have bad days

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
              chuck it back in, half a gallon to a tank full.....
              thats what i'm gonna do mate, i've left the tops of the containers open a little to evaporate any sprit

Originally posted by Vultch
              $$$$ happens.... we all have bad days
              true, the microwave has also just gone pop, about a hour ago, it never rains....

oh and i've had no broadband for the whole w/end, the very fact that i can reply at the moment is a miracle, why?

cos talktalk broadbean is sh!te
              Last edited by huff_diggler; 11 April 2007, 00:00.
              The benchmark....

Comment

true, the microwave has also just gone pop, about a hour ago, it never rains....
                well that's your 3...do tomorrow's lottery, it may turn round tomorrow!
                i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                  So it's a 50:50 mix of diesel / petrol? Keep it and mix it 50:50 with veg oil. Should work out just fine!
                  you reckon? now theres an idea
                  The benchmark....

Comment

did you find your satnav??
                    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

"and syphoned 40 'ish litres of diesil/petrol hybrid out"

Erm.....I thought the Surf was unsyphonable so the thievin git .gov types cant sook chip oil?

More lie's?

Comment

Originally posted by Apache

Funny you should say that.. I have come on here tonight to try and find a use for about 40 ish litres of petrol with a hint of diesel in since the Mrs put petrol in the Surf at the back end of the year.

Would this not do any damage then ?
                        -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

Originally posted by max6674
                          Funny you should say that.. I have come on here tonight to try and find a use for about 40 ish litres of petrol with a hint of diesel in since the Mrs put petrol in the Surf at the back end of the year.

Would this not do any damage then ?
                          Just keep topping it up with diesel, it's still useable.
                          My missus put 20 quids worth of petrol in our diesel Clio last year, I filled the rest of the tank with diesel and kept topping it up every couple of days and it was fine. Keeps the injectors clean!

Comment

I put some of it into my quad as the petrol looked pretty clean, but it just oiled the plugs. Will throw it in bit at a time with the cooking oil and get rid of it that way..
                            -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

Originally posted by max6674
                              I put some of it into my quad as the petrol looked pretty clean, but it just oiled the plugs. Will throw it in bit at a time with the cooking oil and get rid of it that way..

P.S. Don't use it in a petrol engine as the plugs wil get....

oh, I see you've already discovered that!

Comment

Working...
                              X