Winch stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winch stopped working

After using the winch a few times on sunday it just stopped, so coiled the cable round the A bar and thought buggar.
    Yesterday I stripped the winch out of the craddle, took off the brush cover to have a look, shock horror it was all rusty inside the motor where it had had water trapped in it, on closer inspection found that when it had been assembled at the manufacturers, they had left the sealing ring out of it.
    So today got in touch with winch solutions who I got it from last august, expecting an arguement but was pleasently surprised when they said no problem, send it back and they will fit a new motor to it and overhaul the rest of the winch.
    Nice to deal with these people at winch solutions, my faith in humanity has been retored.
    If it aint broke dont fix it

Originally posted by gary16163
    After using the winch a few times on sunday it just stopped, so coiled the cable round the A bar and thought buggar.
    Yesterday I stripped the winch out of the craddle, took off the brush cover to have a look, shock horror it was all rusty inside the motor where it had had water trapped in it, on closer inspection found that when it had been assembled at the manufacturers, they had left the sealing ring out of it.
    So today got in touch with winch solutions who I got it from last august, expecting an arguement but was pleasently surprised when they said no problem, send it back and they will fit a new motor to it and overhaul the rest of the winch.
    Nice to deal with these people at winch solutions, my faith in humanity has been retored.
    so i will still need a winch box then nice to see the company is going to sort it out for you
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

i bought my winch from winch solutions and they are a great company.there aren't many companys left with there standard of customer services
      I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

Glad to hear you found the problem - and got it sorted so easily
        Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by gary16163
          Cool! So it wasn't my fault then! Glad you got it sorted and thanks for all the help
          Nil illegitimi carborundum

Comment

Just goes to show that sometimes it's better to buy from a reputable company and pay a bit extra, rather than take a chance with ebay "bargains"

Glad to hear you got a result.
            Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Piker
              Cool! So it wasn't my fault then! Glad you got it sorted and thanks for all the help
              No need to Feel Guilty now then Martin !!!!!!

Great Result Gary ..............

There's always a Payback .... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
              Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
              X