No announcement yet.

100% newbie needs LOADS of help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well thats more than i know about them!!! when lookin at surfs what areas do you need to look at, problems etc?

Comment

Originally posted by m4x4tt
      well thats more than i know about them!!! when lookin at surfs what areas do you need to look at, problems etc?
      i will fill you in on all the bits to check on route to see it dont worry
      i just hope its not a blue one
      Enjoying Life after Cancer
      Pops

Comment

Make sure ALL windows operate smoothly (yes that includes the big bugga at the back)

Make sure you have all the tools etc under the rear seats.

and do the usual used car checks
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by pops
          i will fill you in on all the bits to check on route to see it dont worry
          i just hope its not a blue one
          HA!! no its a red ova grey one!! colour, scratches, and small dinks dont worry me, its to be a work horse so may look a little 'used'

Comment

HA!! no its a red ova grey one!! colour, scratches, and small dinks dont worry me, its to be a work horse so may look a little 'used'
            i had a burgundy over grey 2.4 she was great motor
            better bodywise than one i have now but wanted 3.0Ltr and it was a bargain so bought it. i love my surf as do most of the forum members on here
            cant see me driving anything else now
            Pops

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
              Make sure ALL windows operate smoothly (yes that includes the big bugga at the back)

Make sure you have all the tools etc under the rear seats.

and do the usual used car checks
              the window and space in the bac was one of the reasons for favoring this truck, i'm looking to get another dog later this year, and great danes need/ tend to like a lot of room!!!

i didnt even know there was tools under the seats man!!! nice one

Comment

the window and space in the bac was one of the reasons for favoring this truck, i'm looking to get another dog later this year, and great danes need/ tend to like a lot of room!!!

i didnt even know there was tools under the seats man!!! nice one
                and the jack if its still there
                Pops

Comment

at the moment i'm still in oxfordshire, but the e-mail is birtlesmatthew@tiscali.co.uk
                  i'm in romsey, from tomorrow thru thursday, if you are avaliable any time in the next 3 days your help would be priceless to me, cheers.
                  Where abouts in romsey is it? What road? As i am...believe it or not! From Romsey!

Comment

Originally posted by pops
                    and the jack if its still there
                    What tools are these?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                      Nothing slow about some 2.4s!
                      Only cos you stripped off 300 kilos of sidesteps and wheel arches
                      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by veccy
                        What tools are these?

Should be some tools and a jack and jack handle under the rear seats, if you haven't got any then roughtrax sell the kit.
                        Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                          Only cos you stripped off 300 kilos of sidesteps and wheel arches

Wheel arches are back on, but no A-bar, air-con, wing mirror/coat hook, steps, electric aerial, half the exhaust, bash plate, one of the front tow hooks, clock, interior mirror/lights, wind deflectors from windows, some steel removed from bonnet, replaced with ABS plastic.

Comment

Wheel arches are back on, but no A-bar, air-con, wing mirror/coat hook, steps, electric aerial, half the exhaust, bash plate, one of the front tow hooks, clock, interior mirror/lights, wind deflectors from windows, some steel removed from bonnet, replaced with ABS plastic.
                            Thought you replaced the hole in the bonnet with finest Poundstretcher tin?!

Ever get anywhere with the alcantera interior?

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                              Thought you replaced the hole in the bonnet with finest Poundstretcher tin?!
                              Yeah, I meant the Astra GTE vents though.

Waiting for some free time to do the dash, our new kitchen is being delivered next week, finished the floor tiling, now I've got to fit a velux window, plus all my daytime work!!

TBH, I'm bored with my bonnet now and I want a standard one again!
                              Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 10 April 2007, 01:23.

Comment

Yeah, I meant the Astra GTE vents though.

Waiting for some free time to do the dash, our new kitchen is being delivered next week, finished the floor tiling, now I've got to fit a velux window, plus all my daytime work!!

TBH, I'm bored with my bonnet now and I want a standard one again!
                                Dont talk to me about DIY. I still have about 100 years worth...

Standard bonnets frequently available on fleabay.

Comment

Working...
                                X