100% newbie needs LOADS of help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100% newbie needs LOADS of help!!

hi everybody, i just signed up to ur website, thought it was a fantastic place to start looking for info on a toyota surf. i've found a 91, h, 3.0 auto ssx, for sale, well more, parked up really. its been stood for about, 6 months, and as i've no real knowledge of this truck, i'm askin you guys , what should i be lookin at as standard when buyin a surf, (all 3.0D versions) and what should i pay particular attention to on one thats been stood for a while? the truck has about 71,000 miles on it, 5 standard rims, 5 good tyres, and looks in decent nick to me, couple of scuffs and dinks, but nothing to cause me major concern. ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED, as i need it. thank you everyone!!!!

sure it's a 3.0??

i thought they were all 2.4 upto the facelift about an L reg?
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

just going on what i've seen, on the truck, and been told, yeah pretty sure its a 3.0

Comment

Originally posted by m4x4tt
        just going on what i've seen, on the truck, and been told, yeah pretty sure its a 3.0
        if your after a decent 3.0l then why not go for the one Stevo has for sale in the for sale section.Stevo sells engines etc so the one he's selling will be a good-un
        I know it's a bit of a trek from you but its got to be worth taking a look
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

cheers, i checked out stevies, its more than i have to spend just now, the one i've found is quite a bit cheaper. the guy that owns it runs a very small garage, and has the odd import car, he'll m.o.t, service it and make, as sure as he can, that its ok. i really need basic info on what i should be looking for in a surf, tell tale signs of problems, problem ares and such.

Comment

As said by the others its more than likely a 2.4 unless its on a private plate.
            Here are some pics of both Engines so you can check.
            Last edited by marky; 9 April 2007, 15:43.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

The 1st pic is the 3.0 Engine note the position of the rad caps
              (\__/)
              (")_(")

Comment

i'll find out for definate tomorrow as i'm going to see it

Comment

hey, thanks for those pictrues, they'll be very usfull 2moz, nice one.

Comment

Hopefuly you'll get to know what size the engine is!
                    (\__/)
                    (")_(")

Comment

well that'd be a good start i reckon. i'll try and get some pictures tomorrow, and see if i can get them posted up, i'm not bac home till thurs, so i'll try for then. what sort of things would you be looking at on a surf that had been stood for a while?

Comment

well that'd be a good start i reckon. i'll try and get some pictures tomorrow, and see if i can get them posted up, i'm not bac home till thurs, so i'll try for then. what sort of things would you be looking at on a surf that had been stood for a while?
                        Well, if it is a 2.4, you'll need to strip everything out so it can out accelerate a Sinclair C5 (with a tailwind)

(But seriously, check for any head work if it's a 2.4 - a 'search' will tell you why)
                        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

i in your neck of the woods want me to Pop over take a look with you??
                          Enjoying Life after Cancer
                          Pops

Comment

It could be a 3L V6 petrol, didn't they do those around 91 ?
                            Best thing is to check the chassis number.
                            LN130 = 2.4
                            KZN130= 3.0
                            VZN ? = 3.0 V6

Andy.

Comment

Originally posted by pops
                              i in your neck of the woods want me to Pop over take a look with you??

If it's not black you'll say it's rubbish!

Won't you?

p.s. hello M4X4TT

Comment

Working...
                              X