snorkel part two.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnd
    sorry mate my bad , mine is on the other side but just found a captive bolt two inch`s nearer the bulk head so i will move it anyway.
    the hole i just cut in the wing is a long ovel but i think that after i cut out the box section i will still need to flatten the end of the bulkhead as i want the pipe as close to the a post as pos ( 10 mill ) if pos...
    this is like being at work only if i fack up i pay ,,,,doh !!!!
    john....
    i know scary isnt it.but worth all the butt clenching in the end.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

What the black rubber ones ..... its looking good ,Its like a pair of silver horns .......Are they being sprayed too?
      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

I knew it would all be in hand.. Nice work mister!
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
          What the black rubber ones ..... its looking good ,Its like a pair of silver horns .......Are they being sprayed too?
          yea the black rubber ones.dont know how you got hold of them but they work a treat.no im not spraying the s/s ill get it polished.i kinda like charlies quote on stein being all black with polished snorkel stacks.hopefully get the windows blacked out next week too.
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
            yea the black rubber ones.dont know how you got hold of them but they work a treat.no im not spraying the s/s ill get it polished.i kinda like charlies quote on stein being all black with polished snorkel stacks.hopefully get the windows blacked out next week too.
            Those rubber bellows are a FORD part
            www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

i know scary isnt it.but worth all the butt clenching in the end.
              worked in the motor trade all my life so no butt! problems plus a new wing is only £30

i needed some 3" flexi so i cut 3 foot of my exhaust extractor at work ( hope the boss dont see it )
              i made my own snorkel head , card template then glassed it the a finnish of filler , it took one whole day but still better than paying £50 for one .( plus i was getting paid to paint other stuff at the time )
              i will try and sort my pics and get them up ..

ps dont forget to seal all them cuts up well ( you dont want rust).
              well done mate it looks the dogs......
              john....
              i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

worked in the motor trade all my life so no butt! problems plus a new wing is only £30

i needed some 3" flexi so i cut 3 foot of my exhaust extractor at work ( hope the boss dont see it )
                i made my own snorkel head , card template then glassed it the a finnish of filler , it took one whole day but still better than paying £50 for one .( plus i was getting paid to paint other stuff at the time )
                i will try and sort my pics and get them up ..

ps dont forget to seal all them cuts up well ( you dont want rust).
                well done mate it looks the dogs......
                john....
                I hammerited the holes when i did it
                www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

I hammerited the holes when i did it
                  hi woodzie , i took the liberty of bringing home a tin of seam sealer and a can of gloss black ( as black is the the new black )

Comment

hi woodzie , i took the liberty of bringing home a tin of seam sealer and a can of gloss black ( as black is the the new black )
                    Sorry if you have already answered this , What pipe are you using for the upright?
                    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Sorry if you hav already answed this , What pipe are you using for the upright?
                      word has it that the pipe will be round...
                      i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
                        word has it that the pipe will be round...
                        Like your non-existant one......... have you got the head yet , afterall you had a pipe last year
                        www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Like your non-existant one......... have you got the head yet , afterall you had a pipe last year
                          ive got a load going spare.
                          www.overfab.uk

Comment

It makes good exaust pipe too
                            www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

got the head (it's a tad too big...hehehe), got a new saw today as old one's gone walkies (brother and his boy probably nicked it for their stock car racing) and will be looking at it tomorrow...

...which means in about another 2 months it may be done!
                              i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

im useing 3" alloy painted matt black ( cos i cant nick stainless stuff ) ( but work did pay for the rest )

Comment

Working...
                                X