casualty list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• casualty list

Missing or wounded in action list from sundays offroading grew today when i got to checking the truck over.

So far stands at:
    - Stickers off the side of the truck from the jet wash on site
    - Spare tyre, melted through after exhaust knocked off it's hangers
    - 2 small holes in n/s rear quarter bumper, jetwash also responsible for these
    - 4" nail embedded in n/s rear tyre
    - 45 minute journey home extended to 2 hours to wait for the temparature guage to come back down 4 times and stop to try and clear more mud out the rad 3 times
    - grazing to o/s front arch extension and mirror
    - exhaust, tailpipe dented, knocked off it's rear hangers, now plastic coated from molten spare tyre
    - sidesteps/running boards erm???? they're straight(ish) now at least they're flimsy enough to kick back into shape
    - grazes to o/s rear quarter panel
    - 3 jetwashes down, still plenty mud left
    - several snapped bolts removing rear bumper to try and repair this afternoon
    - i ain't popped the bonnet since jetwashing it to see what needs doing under there, but i would imagine rad flush and oil after running a touch warm on the way home, power steering was shall we say not to powerful by the end of the day too, had a minor leak for a couple of weeks though so can probably just top up.

Damn it was fun though

Click here for a taster.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Having done quite a lot of real off-roading in Africa, I recently asked why people here needlessly risk damaging their trucks by dunking them in muddy water?

It was told because it is fun

So don’t moan about it
    Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Your spare tyre is made from plastic??? Where can I get one? Do they come in different colours?

Comment

If your overheating problem is that bad you will probably want to think about removing the radiator to clean it properly. You'll be amazed at how much mud it will hold
        Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Sounds like you had a complete blast looks great
          www.merkinchlnr.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by PDR
            Having done quite a lot of real off-roading in Africa, I recently asked why people here needlessly risk damaging their trucks by dunking them in muddy water?

It was told because it is fun

So don’t moan about it
            damn right it's fun, I posted on that thread. I wasn't intending this thread to be a moan! The only one i'm slightly annoyed about is the spare tyre as i knew i'd knocked the exhaust off it's rear hanger before i left the site and thinking maybe i could have saved the tyre if i'd fixed it when i first noticed it.
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Fraser
              Your spare tyre is made from plastic??? Where can I get one? Do they come in different colours?
              Yep, brown or black.
              =========
              =SOLD UP!=
              =========

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedawn
                If your overheating problem is that bad you will probably want to think about removing the radiator to clean it properly. You'll be amazed at how much mud it will hold
                I thought about that, i'll see how it goes and how much more mud i can get out in situ, it's been ok since the last stop on the way home where i pressure washed it again.
                =========
                =SOLD UP!=
                =========

Comment

Originally posted by ABE
                  Sounds like you had a complete blast looks great
                  Yeah was great, decided to come away before i got too confident and did any real damage.
                  =========
                  =SOLD UP!=
                  =========

Comment

Working...
                  X