Green Flag/RAC/AA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Flag/RAC/AA

which is the best breakdown service? I had an inclusive one with my Direct Line insurance Policy but haven't renewed that one in the interests of economy. I don't do many long trips (and am quite taken with the AA's £65 help with repairs policy.)
    any suggestions greatfully received!
    louise

i use AA and never had any probs...
    they all do the same, so i reckon it's just down to the best price... i also get green flag "free" with my bank account (which costs a lot to have!)
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Read the small print...No Kursk's, Apollo 13's, 3rd Reich's, Jabba the Hutts, Titanic's, Tay bridges, hiking muslim's, Jewish / German comedians, just dont tell em it's a S*rf and you might be OK for the first call so make it a head.

Comment

I use RAC, I also get it free with my other car, and got a discount because I didn't call them out last year, so got 10% off this year.
        Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

I have been with Green Flag for nearly five years. It covers the truck and caravan recovery. Not had to use them yet but I have seen them turn up on caravan sites with vehicles (usually Rangy's and Disco's) on the back and the caravan hooked on behind. I'll let you know when I get to use them in anger.
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

RAC, but only because i got a deal that covers any vehicle i'm driving plus the same cover for my partner free
            My other cars a QUAD
            (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
            http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

The AA. Were cheaper than the RAC. HAd them in last week too. arrived with in around half an hour and fix the British car.
              There are 10 kind of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

'There's no place like 127.0.0.1'

Comment

I just got full breakdown and recovery for me and the wife for £32 from http://www.autoaidbreakdown.co.uk/. It's a pay and claim policy, recommended here.

Between us we have 4 vehicles, my wife's 1 and my 3 , so that's good value.
                Wax on, wax off

Comment

I wouldn't recommend AA after they subcontracted the job to a local garage and I got left stranded in Aviemore at 12.30am on a Sunday night last year. Luckily it was during the Thunder in the glens rally so got a hand of some bikers good bunch of guys
                  www.merkinchlnr.org.uk

Comment

I'm with the AA but never had to call them out in anger. I was once left stranded in Great Yarmouth by Green flag so havent used them since.

Britannia rescue are supposed to be good also but I havent tried them (it's the can't Be ar5ed factor )
                    Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Using my Tesco clubcard points, I got the all singing all dancing RAC cover for me, the GF, and three of our kids, and we are all named on our membership (not the cars)

for

£45

Good deal !!!!
                      Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

I'm with Britannia Rescue and they're excellent.

Comment

been with the AA since 1990, used them a few times, including a couple of flat bed recoveries, one burnt out "jeep" and recently when i broke my steering when green laning. allways been very happy, maybe worh remembering the AA cover you as a passenger too, maybe useful if you've got any friends who give you a lift in their landies!
                          Diesel, like petrol only better

Comment

for a measly 65 to 80 notes you can use eityher halfrauds or www.rescuemycar.com they both offer the rac/greenflag/aa top package at the price and also cover caravans if you are away....

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
                              I'm with Britannia Rescue and they're excellent.
                              Second that Sancho, there not excellent, There Brilliant !!!!

There's always a Payback .... You just can't see em Comin !!!!
                              Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                              X