double wammy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• double wammy!

1) I was cruising along the other day after getting thoroughly muddy... had to brake hard for an oncoming land rover and i locked up. it did occur to me that i thought i had ABS, but left it as i knew the tyres were pretty muddy.

However i decided to test it on super clean tyres and dry road, the wheels still locked. do the '94 surf's have ABS? if so what does anyone reckon the problem is, needs charging?

2) My surf has developed problems starting. I believe it's the switch that tells the car it's in 'P'ark. Anyone else had this problem? know the fix? have a spare switch?

Thanks for all your help.

Tom.

ABS is Always advertised on vehicles on EBAY i dont know of any 2nd Gens with ABS. My 3rd GEn has it though
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

If you do have ABS, you are the only 2nd genner who has...
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomass
        1) I was cruising along the other day after getting thoroughly muddy... had to brake hard for an oncoming land rover and i locked up. it did occur to me that i thought i had ABS, but left it as i knew the tyres were pretty muddy.

However i decided to test it on super clean tyres and dry road, the wheels still locked. do the '94 surf's have ABS? if so what does anyone reckon the problem is, needs charging?

2) My surf has developed problems starting. I believe it's the switch that tells the car it's in 'P'ark. Anyone else had this problem? know the fix? have a spare switch?

Thanks for all your help.

Tom.
        re the starting problem.can you hear a clunk from the starter or is there nothing at all on the key?.if theres a clunk then its your starter motor contacts.if theres nothing at all try wiggling the selector stick to see if it resolves the problem if not.do both your brake lights work?.
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
          re the starting problem.can you hear a clunk from the starter or is there nothing at all on the key?.if theres a clunk then its your starter motor contacts.if theres nothing at all try wiggling the selector stick to see if it resolves the problem if not.do both your brake lights work?.
          The brake light will have nothing to do with it, the solinoid opperated by the brake light switch is to release the lever from park not engage it, but I like your way of thinking HeeHee
          If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

Originally posted by gary16163
            The brake light will have nothing to do with it, the solinoid opperated by the brake light switch is to release the lever from park not engage it, but I like your way of thinking HeeHee
            blast it was worth a try.
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
              If you do have ABS, you are the only 2nd genner who has...
              If you've got brakes that actually work, you're one of the lucky few.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
                Know what you mean. Mine don't seem to do much, then lock the wheels. Part of the fun of owning a surf and helps keep you awake.
                My other cars a QUAD
                (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
                http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

May need to loosen off your brakes a little on the back. can either take off the brake drum and amend, or through the rubber bung at the back of the brake drum. May need a screwdriver to turn the cogged wheel.

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/sho...30&postcount=1

photo with parts named: http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/att...6&d=1100368627
                  Last edited by Gizmo; 3 April 2007, 20:38.
                  Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
                    I’ve always thought that my brakes work pretty dammed good

And if they don’t…………

Well I’ve always got the Bull Bar as back-up
                    Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Working...
                    X