mpg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mpg

hi chaps i had a run down to north yorks on sunday to do some fishing in my truck ,now i put 20quid in her and just below half a tank i done 200km which is about 140 miles and my indicator was on red ,what i really want to know is is that about average ,good,or poor mpg.cheers

sounds about right,mine work out about £1.00 for every 5 miles but i do have m.t tyres on but i try not to watch how much diesel i use any more!
    colin

Comment

Just BITE your LIP & Smile more
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

£20 @ say 89ppl = 20/0.89 = 22.47 litres / 4.5 = 4.99 gallons

200km = 200 /8 x 5 = 125 miles

125miles / 4.99 gallons = 25.05 miles per gallon

-------------------------------------
        = pretty damn good for a 2.4 i reckon,
        -------------------------------------

they vary hugely i have heard claims of 26 or even 28+

avg. as far as i can tell is around 22-24,

i was getting about 16 recently gone up to around 18
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

Originally posted by brian88883
          hi chaps i had a run down to north yorks on sunday to do some fishing in my truck ,now i put 20quid in her and just below half a tank i done 200km which is about 140 miles and my indicator was on red ,what i really want to know is is that about average ,good,or poor mpg.cheers
          I swear that I was getting about 430km per tank, i.e. from pump gun click when full to reserve light.

But now I seem to be getting about 370km per tank.

I have come to the conclusion that I am going to...................

..................tape over the trip meter !

It's only money after all and we don't have to pay the £400 road tax do we.

Life on the edge is short, but the view is great !

Comment

Recon I get about 20mpg (on a good day). But when I become bankrupt and take the house, well I'll just move the family into the truck and live in it. Should be kind of cosy, don't you think?

Spoggle

Comment

Originally posted by brian88883

I wouldn't have thought there was enough room to cast out in your truck!

Comment

I regularly get 500-550km per tankfull, mostly m/way.....

Comment

i drove from Sheffield through France to the costa del sol in Spain with it very heavily laden and doing the legal speed limit (honest officer) and did 28.4 mpg. mostly motorways or good a roads. i did it from full to the brim when i set off and filled up again as soon as i arrived.

i was well impressed with its performance an economy
                  Now surfing in the sun

Comment

Working...
                  X