Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Surfer

Hello Everyone,
    I've Just Joined And Must Say I'm Not Very Computerised And It Looks Very Complicated!!
    Anyway I Have Had 3 Dodgy Landrovers In The Past And Was Talked Into Getting My Baby. I Will Never Look Back !!!! She Is Pretty Much A Bog Standard L Reg '93 2.4 Ssrx And I Love Her. I Need To Get Some Bits And Peices Such As Tow Bar, Cargo Liner And Possibly A Roof Spoiler ??! I Expect Someone Can Give Me Some Advice About Those.
    I Imported My Surf Myself From Japan And Saved A Lot Of Money And Collected Her From Southampton In June But Didn't Register Her Until Sept To Avoid Sva.
    Drove Her Back To Southampton Yesterday To Pick Up Another Beauty For My Freind ( And Some Other Freinds Who Got Mx5's !!) Who Is Also Very Pleased With His Purchase.
    Sorry To Bore You, Just Realised I Am Waffling !!
    Anyway I Hope To Speak To Some Of You Soon.

Riverkara
    Stop Your Grinnin and Drop Your Linen

Originally posted by RIVERKARA
    Hello Everyone,
    I've Just Joined And Must Say I'm Not Very Computerised And It Looks Very Complicated!!
    Anyway I Have Had 3 Dodgy Landrovers In The Past And Was Talked Into Getting My Baby. I Will Never Look Back !!!! She Is Pretty Much A Bog Standard L Reg '93 2.4 Ssrx And I Love Her. I Need To Get Some Bits And Peices Such As Tow Bar, Cargo Liner And Possibly A Roof Spoiler ??! I Expect Someone Can Give Me Some Advice About Those.
    I Imported My Surf Myself From Japan And Saved A Lot Of Money And Collected Her From Southampton In June But Didn't Register Her Until Sept To Avoid Sva.
    Drove Her Back To Southampton Yesterday To Pick Up Another Beauty For My Freind ( And Some Other Freinds Who Got Mx5's !!) Who Is Also Very Pleased With His Purchase.

Riverkara
    welcome aboard, you will find plenty of info on towbars on here already, the loadliner i think hilux bob might have some left, and the rear spoiler look here http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/Forums/sho...t=rear+spoiler for the genuine ones , karen post us some pics of the surf
    Last edited by gemini; 11 September 2003, 12:27.
    [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
    [size=5][/size]
    [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Welcome to the forum.... So is that all of Dover customs driving imports now???

Phil

Comment

Hello Everyone,

Riverkara
        Welcome aboard. Personal import eh? nice one! Did you use an agent in Japan? Perhaps you could post some details about the process and your experience, as this is a question/topic which crops up from time to time.

Happy surfin
        Maurice
        Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
          Welcome aboard. Personal import eh? nice one! Did you use an agent in Japan? Perhaps you could post some details about the process and your experience, as this is a question/topic which crops up from time to time.

Happy surfin
          Welcome aboard, yep a write up would be good and useful for others looking to do the same.
          Enjoy our forum.
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

thanx

Everyone,
            thanx very much for your help and suggestions.Don't have much time at the mo as I am off to Devon in the morning for a weeks cruising in the Surf but will post stuff about my experience with personal import when I get back and will also put on some photo's
            Cheers

Riverkara
            Stop Your Grinnin and Drop Your Linen

Comment

Everyone,
              thanx very much for your help and suggestions.Don't have much time at the mo as I am off to Devon in the morning for a weeks cruising in the Surf but will post stuff about my experience with personal import when I get back and will also put on some photo's
              Cheers

Riverkara
              karen, dont forget to bring me so tobacco back
              [size=5][/size]
              [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Welcome from us too

Hows about taking a little drive up to Luton on Sunday ? Come and get the new car grubby ?

Ems & Jim
                [center][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=7][color=magenta][u][b][img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/hipgrl12.gif[/img][/b][/u][/color][/size] [img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/hipmn1.gif[/img][/font][/center][center][img]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jim_ashton/shyAV5.jpg[/img][/center][center][b][color=#ff00ff][size=7][u]E[/u][/size][u][size=5]ms [/size][size=5]&[/size][size=7] J[/size][size=5]im[/size][/u][/color][/b][/center]

Comment

Welcome to the madness, we put the fun in disfuntional.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Welcome aboard.
                    As has already been said, it would be great if you could find a little time after your trip to give us all the nitty gritty's on the experience of importing your own vehicle. We eagerley await your return!!
                    Pete

Comment

Nice to hear from you Karen.. look forward to hearing about the trip..
                      Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                        Welcome to the madness, we put the fun in disfuntional.

And Tony takes the C out of anything

BTW who was Dick Slexia
                        I never ever apologise for anything. http://www.onestopshopformultimedia.com/smile.gif If you dont like it I am sorry but thats the way I am

Comment

Originally posted by hormygollop
                          And Tony takes the C out of anything

BTW who was Dick Slexia
                          he's a writer
                          [size=5][/size]

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
                            he's a writer
                            Dont like folk with strange names.
                            Went to see a singer called Gary Oki,, japanese I think, anyway the git never turned up and we all had a singsong
                            I never ever apologise for anything. http://www.onestopshopformultimedia.com/smile.gif If you dont like it I am sorry but thats the way I am

Comment

Originally posted by hormygollop
                              Dont like folk with strange names.
                              Went to see a singer called Gary Oki,, japanese I think, anyway the git never turned up and we all had a singsong
                              yeah seen him sometimes plays the pubs round here
                              [size=5][/size]

Comment

Working...
                              X