doin a Jotto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sledge
    thats a bl**dy longtime, to be off. do you think it will be hard to get back in the routine of work?
    more than likely.I struggle now to do anything.I'm keeping my fingers crossed that networkrail may offer a decent payoff instead of compensation
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
      more than likely.I struggle now to do anything.I'm keeping my fingers crossed that networkrail may offer a decent payoff instead of compensation
      lets hope so

Comment

lets hope so
        i'm keeping everything crossed.If i only get compensation then i'll just have less to spend on the truck

Comment

i'm keeping everything crossed.If i only get compensation then i'll just have less to spend on the truck
          so what will you do for work instead?

Comment

so what will you do for work instead?
            if i get compensation then i will carry on with what i'm doing but if i get a good pay off then i'll just find something to keep me occupied like a driving or delivery type job

Comment

if i get compensation then i will carry on with what i'm doing but if i get a good pay off then i'll just find something to keep me occupied like a driving or delivery type job
              sounds good to me, i take it that it is some sort of accident at work that has caused this damage to you?

Comment

sounds good to me, i take it that it is some sort of accident at work that has caused this damage to you?
                Yep on a night shift july 27 2005 so not far off 2 years.The peice of machinery i was using derailed and the handle caught me in the groin which at the time the physio thought i only had my pelvis put out of alignment and soft tissue damage until i went for a mri scan last november when they found out what else was wrong.

Comment

Yep on a night shift july 27 2005 so not far off 2 years.The peice of machinery i was using derailed and the handle caught me in the groin which at the time the physio thought i only had my pelvis put out of alignment and soft tissue damage until i went for a mri scan last november when they found out what else was wrong.
                  jeeze that sounds real painful, lets hope this op fixes you, and gets you back to full health

Comment

jeeze that sounds real painful, lets hope this op fixes you, and gets you back to full health
                    well if the op don't work then i will be buggered cause this is the last thing that can be done for me now

Comment

ok... so what's wrong with me?
                      (this is better than the doctors!)

i get constant pins and needles in my right big toe and thumb (more like numbness in my thumb)...

always thought the toe was cos they make size 13 boots with size 6 toecaps in them!... and thumb was just from working??
                      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by sumo
                        Ok I know I'm leaving myself open for verbal abuse but here goes.

I was a hooker (rugby) for 20 years and have been bent and bashes on many occasions so a neck injury was my 1st thought but after many x-rays from head to waist there wasnt sign of nerve inpingment although I now know that most of my joints are out of shape.
                        So it was deide to go for the knife job on the wrist.
                        Hello Mate. I physio for the London Wasps and play rugby so I know what you are on about. An Xray wont show nerve impingment, an MRI will show disc lesions and is more accurate. The bone in the hand called the lunate is more likley if you have been told you have carple tunnel syndrome it drops into the carple tunnel and can be poped back in about a second, its worth the second opinion before the knife stuff mate.
                        SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man

i get constant pins and needles in my right big toe and thumb (more like numbness in my thumb)...

always thought the toe was cos they make size 13 boots with size 6 toecaps in them!... and thumb was just from working??
                          could be gout
                          SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Good luck on your op Rick and hope it sorts the problem out.I got 23 days to go for my op and then upto 5 months to get back to as i was 2 years ago
                            That op must be brilliant Rich...takes nearly 2 1/2 years off your age.....Is Dr Who doing it???????
                            Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                            Tony

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man

sounds like you left your thumb in yer boot!
                              Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                              Tony

Comment

Working...
                              X