No announcement yet.

bull bars for hilux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its definatly the transfer box. my mechanic got his stephoscope thingy out and located it in there.
    i didnt really notice it on the way to work this morning. (the noise) i came down the a3 no faster than 65, cruisng about 55. when i got off i didnt hear any noise at all. although there was road noise and traffic that you dont get down side roads. ill see what its like later. im hoping its a noise that will go away by itself just like how it came by itself. just like how my horn stopped working after a 4wd day, to return again by itself a few days later. my 4wd clicks in ok. i havnt checked it works by moving, as im always on tarmac..
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
      Well, the bar's right, you just need the brackets. I might have some, I can't remember if Chillitt took them off when he removed my bullbar. If I do, you can have them when I get me truck back.

On the noise thing, have you checked and lubricated the UJs on the rear prop?

I just made that up to sound clever, but I gather they wear out and there would be one near where you're talking about

The brackets on yours were part of the bull bar, and the ones on the bar I took off with my old one went to scotland with the bar.
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

And those lucky brackets are still in Bonnie Scotland. I,ll ask them if they want to go back down to englandshire again ( cant se it myself). but if they dont mind and if you still want/need them, give us a pm or a shout on here.

Alternately I can photo them or draw them for you. Not too hard to knock up with a wee bit of angle iron.

Bogus
        Сви можемо

Comment

that would be good. i could fabricate some brackets at my old work, they should be ok with letting me use their welders and cutting tools

otherwise i could sell the bull bars to whoever wants them on the cheap. i dont mind delivering to a reasonable distance
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Looks like the same bar as mine, if I get some time tomoz I will get some pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus
              And those lucky brackets are still in Bonnie Scotland. I,ll ask them if they want to go back down to englandshire again ( cant se it myself). but if they dont mind and if you still want/need them, give us a pm or a shout on here.

Alternately I can photo them or draw them for you. Not too hard to knock up with a wee bit of angle iron.

Bogus
              hi again, i must get this bull bar out my room and on to my car.. there is no room anywhere else. hehe
              does anyone have any brackets to mount it?
              im missing the bit to make it an 'A' but i think i can make that out of 2" stainless. eg if the bull bar was this = /-\ then mine is just the /\ with out the - bit.
              also the spots, if anyone has any good condition on the cheap, or i will buy some from egay.
              Cheers!
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Im not at home right now but I,ll be back on June 14th. If you want the brackets I,ll get them sent down to you. Just let me know and pm me your address.
                Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus
                  Im not at home right now but I,ll be back on June 14th. If you want the brackets I,ll get them sent down to you. Just let me know and pm me your address.
                  nice one. pm sent
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                  X