• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Vista Issues

A HEADS UP on WINDOWS VISTA.
    Dear Customer,

Important: Windows Vista and your Broadband service

Microsoft have launched a new operating system called Windows Vista. If you are thinking of upgrading your system to Vista, please read the important information below.

The introduction of Windows Vista has caused some problems throughout the industry. These are due due to incompatibility issues with other software. If you are upgrading to Vista there are scenarios where you may experience problems, such as being unable to connect to the Internet. This is due to incompatibility issues with your existing modem software and Vista.

Most other ISPs are experiencing the same difficulties, and Tiscali is working hard (along with our modem supplier) to ensure full compatibility with Vista. We expect to have a complete solution in the next few weeks. We suggest you wait until this is ready before purchasing Vista.

However, if you are still thinking of upgrading your PC to Windows Vista before that time we recommend you click on the link below to install the relevant new drivers for your modem to avoid being disconnected from the Internet.

Please check your modem to see if it is a SpeedTouch or a Sagem modem, and click the link below to download drivers and get advice on how to install them.

Get drivers and installation advice
    Kind regards,
    The Tiscali Team
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Hmm, that's unusual, M$ f*cking something up................... Should only be a problem if you're using the usb connection though.

Comment

Like any other new version of Windows, Dont touch it for a year until all the BUGS have been sorted out
      (\__/)
      (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
        Like any other new version of Windows, Dont touch it for a year until all the BUGS have been sorted out
        For a year? Shouldn't that be ever? They never sort the bugs out, they just create a new OS with the same ones and more.

Comment

DELL are starting to ship LINUX with there new PC's
          http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS8436091466.html
          (\__/)
          (")_(")

Comment

this is why, if your thinking of upgrading, you download a pirate copy that gives you 60 days usage. then if its all good, you go and buy it if you want.
            i say this to everyone, new is nice, but you might aswel wait until service pack 2 comes out.

ive just downloaded windows media centre. i like the look of it, havnt had any time to see how it goes with my TV yet, im off out now.

if anyone has technical problems im happy to help

i use linux as a 2nd operating system just because everything is free. if you need a word processor you select it from the list and download it. if you need photo editing you just select it and download it. if you need a tool to get into the college wireless network down the road, you just select it from the list.
            because its a world wide open source free program everyone adds their own bit to improve on it. its just a shame its not as familiar as microsofts OS.

i have a version wich is exactly like the mac os. called dream linux. (i could go on for days so ill stop)
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by tonyppe
              this is why, if your thinking of upgrading, you download a pirate copy that gives you 60 days usage. then if its all good, you go and buy it if you want.
              i say this to everyone, new is nice, but you might aswel wait until service pack 2 comes out.

ive just downloaded windows media centre. i like the look of it, havnt had any time to see how it goes with my TV yet, im off out now.

if anyone has technical problems im happy to help

i use linux as a 2nd operating system just because everything is free. if you need a word processor you select it from the list and download it. if you need photo editing you just select it and download it. if you need a tool to get into the college wireless network down the road, you just select it from the list.
              because its a world wide open source free program everyone adds their own bit to improve on it. its just a shame its not as familiar as microsofts OS.

i have a version wich is exactly like the mac os. called dream linux. (i could go on for days so ill stop)

Trouble is Novell is getting into bed with Microsoft on alignment of software to avoid issues, so in the future there may be issues with the Open Source environment
              Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                For a year? Shouldn't that be ever? They never sort the bugs out, they just create a new OS with the same ones and more.
                you say that but to be honest your $$$$ed. its like when windows xp come out. everyone says i wont do it, im not doing it. but eventually you have to. windows 98 is no longer supported. now that vista is out, whenever you are going to by something extra for your pc, eg webcam, game, dvd drive, etc etc, you wont see on the box win98. eventually you will have to have a newer os. or else dont have a computer. its unfair i know.
                mac are a lot better.
                if your bored watch 'pirates of silicone valley'
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo
                  Trouble is Novell is getting into bed with Microsoft on alignment of software to avoid issues, so in the future there may be issues with the Open Source environment
                  really?
                  but novell isnt free is it? i tried to get their version and you have to pay.
                  all linux is free.
                  unix isnt. linux is based on unix. thats as much as i know.
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Windows XP Service Pack 1 is already out of support with Microsoft due to the release of Vista.

Linux was created by Linus Torvalds and If i remember correctly Novell licensed the inital code or something like that which was based on UNIX, which is why there was a court case not so long ago by others stating that they originally held the source code.
                    Last edited by Gizmo; 30 March 2007, 21:54.
                    Gaz

Comment

I hate the way you have to MOUNT a: & d: drives in LINUX
                      (\__/)
                      (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                        I hate the way you have to MOUNT a: & d: drives in LINUX
                        me too, i think this is rediculous personally.

when i first see this, i thought 'mount??? ive just screwed that cd drive in, and cabled it, what the hell is going on'
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by tonyppe
                          me too, i think this is rediculous personally.

when i first see this, i thought 'mount??? ive just screwed that cd drive in, and cabled it, what the hell is going on'
                          Its a pain !
                          (\__/)
                          (")_(")

Comment

Well just look at windows 2003, they use the same terminology to mount tapes, drives etc. Microsofts 'b_a_s_terdised' version of Novell...just look at Active Directory and how that is a bit like the Novells File system
                            Gaz

Comment

The worst one is RELEASING BEASTS cant remeber the O/S though
                              (\__/)
                              (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                              X