You guys have it nice!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You guys have it nice!!!

Anyone seeing my post earlier will know I am a newb.. But for the rest.. Bought a 3L non turbo pickup 2x4 singel cab MarkII (granted here in SA the MarkII was made till '97 with last ones sold in '98. Mine is a '98 registered model in mint condition.. Here comes the interesting part.. Remember we are talking a 2.8l diesel pickup.. about as fast a fart upwind.

I go to my insurance company today for insurance on the pickup. I also own a 98 polo and a 2005 SV1000s(a litre class sportbike for those whom do not know) As luck would have it.. the bike and the hilux is the same value on the books.. Now we all know what a "dangerous" a bike is and what insurance on a litre class sports bike end up at bacause of this...

The insurance ends up 50% more on the hilux This is the state of crime in our dear country. That I have to pay such a premium on a vehicle which are unable to realy make accidents, can hardly go over the speed limit(as apposed to the 265kph of the bike) and is very visible due to it's size just because it is likely to be stolen. To put it into perspective.. If I were to take 100% hp on the truck the insurance would be 50% of that payment every month.. makes you think hey? And they clame $$$$ is under contol
    Last edited by JTK; 29 March 2007, 20:44.

Well at least you can carry a GLOCK.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

i've got a clock in my surf too?!?
      i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

GLOCK. SIDEARM: GUN to get rid of CAR JACKERS
        (\__/)
        (")_(")

Comment

Yeah, I hear you about the gearlock but here they steal the car with you in it at the first traffic light And you will be happy to get the chance to be let out before recieving your mandatory dosage of lead poisoning.

Comment

Its a bit ROUGH then
            (\__/)
            (")_(")

Comment

yeah, pretty rough.. but then we like roughing it

the problem with the MrkII hilux is that the chassis and engin is a direct bolton for the minibus taxis we have here.. literally hundreds of thousands of the taxis.. so many free spares only a bullet away. The taxi of choice is the old HIACE van

Comment

2.4 engine?
                (\__/)
                (")_(")

Comment

nope, 2.8l non turbo

Comment

You need a BIG DOG as a passenger. Rotweiler or a LION.
                    (\__/)
                    (")_(")

Comment

shame.. dont want Jock(my pitbull) in the truck in such a situation.. He will also get some lead On your own one has a chance of controlling the situation

Comment

move to england mate....but then again, the government will be robbing you on a minute by minute basis anyway!
                        i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

I thought you could fit those FLAMETHROWER gadgets over there.
                          (\__/)
                          (")_(")

Comment

lol We probably would have been in the UK already of it was that easy!

Comment

You need to change your profile

Should that not read HILUX BAKKIE ? or are you one of them posh South Africans ?

Bogus
                              Сви можемо

Comment

Working...
                              X