help!! kerbweights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help!! kerbweights

Hi all, does anyone know the kerbweight of a 1993 ln130 2.4 surf???
    i share the towing with my husband, but have just realised that i might not be able to with the surf, as i passed my test after 1997 and can only tow 3.5t! bit of a bummer as we are going away easter, first time out with surf! wish us luck!

ps. do you like my blue star!!!

Originally posted by alisonb
    i share the towing with my husband, but have just realised that i might not be able to with the surf, as i passed my test after 1997 and can only tow 3.5t! bit of a bummer as we are going away easter, first time out with surf! wish us luck!

think it's about 2.2tonnes depends on how much fuel and stuff you've got on board. There's a weighbridge on the port where I work. I'll try and ask nicely if I can have a go on it.
    Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

There was a thread on here about towing.... but I can't find it!

I thought the kerb weight was about 2 tonnes, that would give you a tonne & a half to play with...... (your caravans not that heavy is it?)

PS the blue star is very fetching...... It'll look even better on a sticker on your windscreen!
      Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

1950kg was on the last import document I found in someones Surf.

So you can tow 1500kg without any hassle.

Welcome to more of this countrys stupid laws, you could 'legally' but unsafely tow a stupid heavy trailer with a smaller car, but be sensible and get a nice heavy powerful car to match the trailer and you're stuffed!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

kerbweights

my caravan weighs about 900kgs, without getting up to look!, so should be fine. thanks everyone, now i can have as much fun towing as i do driving the beast!!!

Comment

my caravan weighs about 900kgs, without getting up to look!, so should be fine. thanks everyone, now i can have as much fun towing as i do driving the beast!!!
            Are you any good reversing with the caravan attatched Ali
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

one other point, if you're on a new license you can only tow upto 750kg without taking a trailer test regardless of the weight of the car
              =========
              =SOLD UP!=
              =========

Comment

it's not as strictly enforced though is it? When I had my suzuki vitara, I towed a vw beetle loaded with spares on a trailer. Making me just a little overweight plus over what my license allows me. And I never got stopped, even got followed by a police car for 10 miles. As long as the trailer's got working lights, proper number plate and the towing vehicle looks capable then you get left alone to potter down roads holding up traffic.
                Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

I also tow trailers that may, or may not be over the limit, they are nearly all homemade several years ago and as such have no weight plates or anything on. Hence i haven't got a clue what they weigh, but i know i'm probably putting a fair bit of weight in them aswell as whatever the trailers weigh. I also move caravans on occasion which i know are over 750kg. And i have never had any problems, and prefer to tow a larger trailer than the piddly box things you can't see out the mirrors or over the tailgate, as it's a lot easier and safer than trying to manouver a trailer you can't see.

Legally though, i'd probably be in the $hit if i ever had an accident or got pulled over whilst towing. As yet it hasn't happened, but i'm trying to find out about actually taking a trailer test, but any information etc. is less than forthcoming from DVLA/DSA or anywhere else i can think of who might be interested.
                  =========
                  =SOLD UP!=
                  =========

Comment

A '93 LN130 should weigh between 1770 and 1830kg depending on spec.
                    You can find a guide to weights and other specs here
                    Maurice
                    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

reversing?!

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                      Are you any good reversing with the caravan attatched Ali
                      No i am $$$$$$ useless! but the caravan is light enough to push, i am a strong bird you know!! Either that or i smile sweetly on site and get some strong man to help me while hubby keeps an eye on the kids!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X