Insurance Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance Question...

I've just got a really good quote from Tesco online but I'm wondering if I'm likely to be charged by the ever-helpful Norwich Union for cancelling my existing policy? I pay monthly at the moment. Has anyone else had any experience with this?

Scott.
    WHISKEY!!!

Originally posted by moono
    I've just got a really good quote from Tesco online but I'm wondering if I'm likely to be charged by the ever-helpful Norwich Union for cancelling my existing policy? I pay monthly at the moment. Has anyone else had any experience with this?

Scott.
    How long has the policy run for this term ?

Did you change because NU wouldn't (couldn't) cover the Surf ?
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

I think my renewal is due in August.

Yeah, I don't have an alarm/imobiliser so NU wouldn't insure me. Seeing as it's technically not my fault, they shouldn't charge me, right?

Tesco quoted me £278.25 fully comp with my wife as a named driver.
      WHISKEY!!!

Comment

Yeah, I don't have an alarm/imobiliser so NU wouldn't insure me. Seeing as it's technically not my fault, they shouldn't charge me, right?

They might be sticklers, but you could try haggling as they won't cover the car in it's present state, take a look at page 36 here

I would advice you though to get an alarm / immobiliser fitted before some low life decides to liberate it

Comment

You should be able to get a thatcham cat 2 immobiliser fitted from about £70
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

Supprised that Tesco havent insisted on an alarm/imobiliser as well, but it's not a bad quote.

Spoggle
            Last edited by Spoggle; 27 March 2007, 12:49.

Comment

Scott.
              I'm suprised the NU knew what a surf is. Took me bl00dy ages to explain to the call centre in India what it was because they couldn't find it through the number plate on the DVLA. Felt like sending them a photo of it! With Adrian flux now who are much better after NU upped my premium by £600 for no reason at all.
              Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

I'm happily with A-Plan, for the first time ever I have had 2 years of LOWER premiums

Comment

Insurance is due next month & im with Adrian Flux at the moment. Renewal is £374.61 i thought i'd see what TESCO could do £666.75 So im staying were i am.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                  (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                    Insurance is due next month & im with Adrian Flux at the moment. Renewal is £374.61 i thought i'd see what TESCO could do £666.75 So im staying were i am.
                    give A-Plan a bell mate on 0845 071 1234

Comment

Will do TREV Thanks.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                      (")_(")

Comment

insurance

Originally posted by marky
                        You could always try direct line, ours is £275 ish with me as named driver, about £5 cheaper than our s reg citroen xantia was.

Comment

Working...
                        X