mobile speed cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mobile speed cameras

well looks like i have just been had by a mobile speed trap.
    is there anything i can ask if i get a letter in the next two weeks do they have to have a mobile camera sign so far down the road etc, looked on the local bills web site and there is no notification of the road i was on being targeted but about 5 others have..........bl00dy things need
    if a politition is talking its lying

Sorry mate i dont think theres anything you can do about them! just accept the points and fine!!

What speed were you doing an what's the limit?

Comment

all you can do is ask to see the calibration records for the gun used, no point though because they'll have them then you just get bitten harder.
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

Questions first:

What was the speed limit ?

How fast were you going ?

(There may be supplementary questions dependent on the answers)

The gun MUST be calibrated so you can legitimately request proof BUT if you're going to fight it then it may be better to wait before asking for evidence !

There's at least one website dedicated to fighting tickets resulting from speed traps so get googling

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by firefly
          well looks like i have just been had by a mobile speed trap.
          is there anything i can ask if i get a letter in the next two weeks do they have to have a mobile camera sign so far down the road etc, looked on the local bills web site and there is no notification of the road i was on being targeted but about 5 others have..........bl00dy things need

You might be lucky and not get a ticket, they may have just been checking tax discs/registrations for insurance fraud and non MOTs.
          Yes, they can do all that from pointing a hairdrier at you these days!

but if you were obviously doing a stupid speed, then you'll have to grease up and bend over!!!

Comment

This is the site that you need.

http://pepipoo.com/

Comment

just hope its not too much over the limit. i was caught on my bike doing 39 in a 40 and managed to pay my £60 to do a speed awarness course for half a day and no points!!!
              it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Originally posted by drunkmonkeyboy
                just hope its not too much over the limit. i was caught on my bike doing 39 in a 40 and managed to pay my £60 to do a speed awarness course for half a day and no points!!!

Bit harsh ain't it, being fined for not actually speeding!!!???

Comment

???????????????????????????? 39 in a 40 what you get done for going to slow
                  Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                  My choice
                  Back off

Comment

I would've contested that one.
                    =========
                    =SOLD UP!=
                    =========

Comment

could be an iotw candidate
                      SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by charvell
                        could be an iotw candidate
                        speaking of IOTW didn't someone mention something about that starting again today?
                        =========
                        =SOLD UP!=
                        =========

Comment

In this instance, that would seem like a very fine idea.

Comment

Do the Pace statement on Peepipoo. You may be able to fob them off for 6 months, I have.
                            You may also get the speed awareness course, these are only available for getting trapped at speeds approaching 40 in a 30 zone.

Don't just take it, fight them for as long as you can, if they have proof plead guilty before you go to court. If everyone fought them they would soon be out of business.

Comment

DAM IT!!! teach me not to read my posts!!! ment in a 30!

Look out cellar here i come!!
                              it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Working...
                              X