Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jap import underseal

Hello,
    A friend of mine suggested that japanese imports do not have underseal. Surely that's a sweeping statement, and 4wd vehicles have some kind of protection? Is there an easy way to tell, ie. by looking underneath. if so what am i looking for?
    many thanks,
    Tom.

The Japs dont use salt on the roads in Winter so theres no need to underseal the chassis. Some of us use WAXOIL OR HAMMERITE on the chassis.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

There is a professional place in Newbury that does undersealing. It's expensive though. Or if you have a compressor then you can do what I did and give it the waxoil treatment.

Comment

when a bought my surf it didn`t have any underseal..great way of checking underneath thou..the garage put the underseal on for me(for a price £80)

Comment

Same here I had mine done by local garage for £80, hardly worth bothering yourself is it?

Comment

Chassis always rot from the inside out so painting the outside is only going to make it worse, either get it sealed inside or at least drill drain holes on low points specially if you intend to do some off road work, water WILL get in and it WILL get out via rust.

Comment

Best doing the waxoyling yourself- then at least you know you have treated every nook & cranny. Get the spraying kit with the hand pump. Pick a hot day in the summer and get to work. The spray kit comes with an a long tube thingy for doing the inside of panels- an of course- the inside of the chassis members.

Comment

Working...
              X