Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16inch wheels

Hi folks

Any ideas if I can upgrade my 15 inch wheels to 16 inch. Does this need any other mod or is it just bolt on an go?

Also does it effect the drive, power or handling?

Any advice a bonus.

Cheers Ronnie

Originally posted by whitespider
    Hi folks

Any ideas if I can upgrade my 15 inch wheels to 16 inch. Does this need any other mod or is it just bolt on an go?

Also does it effect the drive, power or handling?

Any advice a bonus.

Cheers Ronnie
    Wheel size makes not a blind bit of differance, however the tyre size does .............

Keith
    I never ever apologise for anything. http://www.onestopshopformultimedia.com/smile.gif If you dont like it I am sorry but thats the way I am

Comment

Is there a reason for doing this? Generally 15" tyres are easier and cheaper to get hold of in different sizes.

Otherwise, no problems, just make sure you get the right shape lug nuts to suit alloy or steel wheels.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

TonyN's right mate, stick to your 15's they're easier to get hold of tyres for and have more of a selection. I had a mare of a job getting tyres at a good price for my 3rd gen which have 16" as standard. The only problem I've been told is changing from 16" down to 15" cos of the calipers.

Comment

ive got a set of "16 for my 2nd gen 1993 2.4 but the tyres rub on the front arches so stick with "15 especially if you are going offroad
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

Point taken on the wheels.

Couldn't be bothered with any more 'hard to get' bits.

Also- put thread on about a week back reference A bar bolts- got hold of one 12mm, 1.25mm pitch, can't be that diameter- too big.
            May be 8MM or poss 10mm, but can't get 12mm in hole.

cheers chaps.
            Ronnie

Comment

My bruv recommended Pirelli Scorpion MT's. I had a look at their current list, under 4x4 and they don't list any 15" tyres. Seems they start at 16"??? Or am I being a
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
              X