MOT again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOT again

My truck just had itsMOT and passed with flying colours. Had a good chat with the tester and we agreed that the test was really a snap shot in time and a waist of time. I know in Canada they dont have a testing system and they dont have any problems. Perhaps we should start a parlimentry petition to stop the MOT What do you think guys and gals?
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Originally posted by charvell
    My truck just had itsMOT and passed with flying colours. Had a good chat with the tester and we agreed that the test was really a snap shot in time and a waist of time. I know in Canada they dont have a testing system and they dont have any problems. Perhaps we should start a parlimentry petition to stop the MOT What do you think guys and gals?
    Yes but Canada has a higher standard of living and they don't have as many pieces of c r a p on the road.
    monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

They dont have a test in a lot of places in the USA either (New Mexico springs to mind) and the amount of scary looking cars and wrecks at the side of the road is amazing.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I think MOT's are a good idea in general especially for people who dont have there vehicles serviced regularly, as it shows up potentially dangerous parts that could fail and cause accidents or death, and general peace of mind, what I dont agree with is the cost of the MOT
        If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

Originally posted by gary16163
          I think MOT's are a good idea in general especially for people who dont have there vehicles serviced regularly, as it shows up potentially dangerous parts that could fail and cause accidents or death, and general peace of mind, what I dont agree with is the cost of the MOT
          Bingo.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
            Bingo.

Lotto.

Comment

House.....Now what do i win
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                Lotto.
                Ludo?
                i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
                  Ludo?

Ker-plunk!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                    Ker-plunk!
                    cross-fire
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                      cross-fire

Mousetrap!

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom 18
                        Yes but Canada has a higher standard of living and they don't have as many pieces of c r a p on the road.
                        Dont know what part of canada youve been to, In kelowna there was a lot of $$$$ on the road, lots of big trucks, most people lease there car if they can afford it after they have paid the insurance to the one insurance company in BC. They do perfectly well without the testing. I agree that in some ways its a good safety check but why not make a service a condition of buying road tax?
                        SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Dont know what part of canada youve been to, In kelowna there was a lot of $$$$ on the road, lots of big trucks, most people lease there car if they can afford it after they have paid the insurance to the one insurance company in BC. They do perfectly well without the testing. I agree that in some ways its a good safety check but why not make a service a condition of buying road tax?
                          Because then you are dictating who services your car, where I personally would rather service my own vehicle, also a lot of garages would fleese people, saying things need doing that dont just to make more money
                          If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

SNAKES & LADDERS
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                            (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                              SNAKES & LADDERS
                              operation

Comment

Working...