Power button!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power button!!

hi everyone, Just want two questions answered please.
    For fear of looking a !st one, this power button (ect is it?) what exactly should i expect to happen when i press it? coz when i have i don't notice anything.
    2nd, should i notice anything when the turbo kicks in, and at what rph dose it happen?
    Thanks guys.

Originally posted by magnum
    For fear of looking a !st one, this power button (ect is it?) what exactly should i expect to happen when i press it? coz when i have i don't notice anything.
    2nd, should i notice anything when the turbo kicks in, and at what rph dose it happen?
    Thanks guys.
    The ect holds it in lower gear longer, as for the turbo it wont give a great kick of boost but without it it wil be very sluggish
    If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

Snap.

As above. The ECT Power button just keeps the revs on the boil a lot longer and you wont notice the turbo do anything when it kicks in. The truck just goes and that's it. The weight is a big factor here.

Comment

Originally posted by gary16163
        The ect holds it in lower gear longer, as for the turbo it wont give a great kick of boost but without it it wil be very sluggish
        Ah! thanks Garry for that
        Theres one of them turbo timer thingys under the dash, would you use it ore leave it turned off?

Comment

Leave it turned off - if you actually use it as intended then you're actually breaking the law cos you're not supposed to leave a vehicle running unattended

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Theres one of them turbo timer thingys under the dash, would you use it ore leave it turned off?
            Personally I would use it specially after a long run, I now have one on mine built into the alarm system, and after blowing my turbo I use it.

Comment

Personally I would use it specially after a long run, I now have one on mine built into the alarm system, and after blowing my turbo I use it.

Just do what I do and sit in the truck with the engine running for a few minutes.

Comment

Hm, i had the alarm fitted a few weeks ago but i don't think hes wired it to that..might go back and have him do it...don't want to blow the turbo..These trucks cost enough to run as it is don't they?.......Thanks anyway Garry.

Comment

Hm, i had the alarm fitted a few weeks ago but i don't think hes wired it to that..might go back and have him do it...don't want to blow the turbo..These trucks cost enough to run as it is don't they?.......Thanks anyway Garry.
                  If the turbo timer is part of your alarm system then it should be just a case of setting it up within the alarm programme, if it is a standalone turbotimer it may not work with the alarm

Comment

If the turbo timer is part of your alarm system then it should be just a case of setting it up within the alarm programme, if it is a standalone turbotimer it may not work with the alarm
                    I think its a standalone one..Took the mother in law back home down the A38 to Derby yesterday, so when i got back i turned it on for 4mins and locked the truck up with the fob but didn't hear the alarm bleep.

Comment

Thanks guys.
                      It's like a nitrous oxide button isn't it? Press it and get 500bhp for 10 seconds.
                      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

My turbo timer was wired through the handbrake switch. If I pulled the handbrake on before switching off, the timer was activated. If I just put the transmission into P then switched off, the engine switched off straight away.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                          It's like a nitrous oxide button isn't it? Press it and get 500bhp for 10 seconds.

Stupid boy!

It's only 7 seconds!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                            Stupid boy!

It's only 7 seconds!
                            What from 0 to 10 MPH , especially for 2.4's

Comment

What from 0 to 10 MPH , especially for 2.4's

Race ya!