Willbe Newbie needs advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by veccy
    So is the 'saggy arse' a problem? I assume you simply mean the way the back end is sunken low on the side profile? Didn't see that until you prompted me to look. I guess that shows a bit too much wear and tear does it?
    No it's common, just needs some new rear springs
    If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

Will this get you there?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...9741&rd=1&rd=1

It is the one that Koi referred to. Dodgy then?
      it looks a very nice tidy truck.if you can get it cheap enough then i would be inclined to get it serviced again if he has no proof of it being done unless he has reciepts for the parts put on.To get the rear back up will only cost about £60 inc del+vat max for new 20% stronger springs and wont take long to fit either.Knock the price of the springs off his price and see what he says if he has a price in mind
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Standby for action....

Comment

Hey cheers guys!

One last stupid question;

About £1500 a good price for that truck? With any faults knocked off afterwards?

It'll be a change from my Vectra which i'm about to sell, but i'm looking forward to it!

Comment

So is the 'saggy arse' a problem? I assume you simply mean the way the back end is sunken low on the side profile? Didn't see that until you prompted me to look. I guess that shows a bit too much wear and tear does it?

no not a problem, as said just needs new rear springs. My only concern would be what hes been towing with it, seeing as the pics seem be in a yard of some sort with the digger in the photos.
            If its been used regular to tow heavy items I would be cautious thats all. Lots of regular towing with heavy items could make the temp go up and down on the auto box and engine and more stress on the items over a period of time.
            Also rear cargo area looks covered in greasy patches, whats been carried in there???????
            Last edited by Koi; 19 March 2007, 19:45.
            Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
            My choice
            Back off

Comment

Hey cheers guys!

One last stupid question;

About £1500 a good price for that truck? With any faults knocked off afterwards?

It'll be a change from my Vectra which i'm about to sell, but i'm looking forward to it!
              just ask if he will sell it for 1400 cash and you will pay for new springs yourself.Even so 1500 aint a bad price as it is and looks if its been looked after
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Im not sure if it does actually have a saggy ar$e! the sidestep looks pretty level with the floor! I know the wheelarches at the back are lower then the fronts! it may just be an optical illusion with the black over silver!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
                  Im not sure if it does actually have a saggy ar$e! the sidestep looks pretty level with the floor! I know the wheelarches at the back are lower then the fronts! it may just be an optical illusion with the black over silver!
                  I havn't seen the one you're talking about,but the saggy arse is easy overplay, look at any brochure shot of a 2nd gen Surf or 4Runner, they all look like they have a saggy arse. As Rod said, the side steps should be parallel to the floor.

Having said that, most DO have a slightly saggy ass, and look a million times better with the back higher than the front....
                  4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                  X