I need a puddle sucker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a puddle sucker

Anyone know where to get one of these, which will go as low as 5-10mm water level. I need to empty out some foundations from our self build because of all the recent rain. I have a switchable generator, so I need either a 110v or 240v sucker.

I've seen a few on the web, but they are ****** ridiculous prices and usually industrial and don't go below 70mm. It needs to be for foul water.

any help appreciated

Fieldsy

Originally posted by Fieldsy
    Anyone know where to get one of these, which will go as low as 5-10mm water level. I need to empty out some foundations from our self build because of all the recent rain. I have a switchable generator, so I need either a 110v or 240v sucker.

I've seen a few on the web, but they are ****** ridiculous prices and usually industrial and don't go below 70mm. It needs to be for foul water.

any help appreciated

Fieldsy
    Look here
    http://www.machinemart.co.uk/ranges.asp?g=122&r=2164
    Pete

Comment

Fieldsy,
      You have a PM.

Sewerat Bob
      [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=Magenta][SIZE=2][B]SEWERAT BOB[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=SeaGreen][I][COLOR=Lime][B]I just sit here & looks out to sea or if i'm really rushed then i just sits here & continues to look out to sea[/B][/COLOR][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Puddle sucker

You could try Screwfix, they have some reasonable pumps, or a pet shop and use a fish tank pump. Could you not dig a little sump, then the depth would be greater?
        Nil illegitimi carborundum

Comment

Or if the ground slopes away from the hole and any of the surrounding is lower than the bottom of the hole, syphon it out. Thats how I accidently drained my parents fish pond. ( Filled pond from garden tap. Garden tap lower than fish pond. Typical teenager -finish job- drop hose -bugger off with mates- pond nearly empty in morning )
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by Fieldsy

any help appreciated

Fieldsy
            Fieldsy.. Have a look here, dunno if the price is good or not, but if you tell them I referred you to them...I'll get a tenner

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...01407&ts=25110

Comment

Thanks for the replies and the advice. This pump won't be doing a considerable amount of work, so Tazman, your link looks fine I'll be ordering one.

Comment

Working...
              X