Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can see why people don't like 4x4s

Hi all.
    Went to London for the weeekend and while driving through the city on saturday morning I lost count to the number of 4x4s being driven badly. Although most were Lexus, Porsche, BMW etc, it didn't really help to change public opinion of the 4x4.
    Hold my beer and watch this

Originally posted by Jason_b555
    Hi all.
    Went to London for the weeekend and while driving through the city on saturday morning I lost count to the number of 4x4s being driven badly. Although most were Lexus, Porsche, BMW etc, it didn't really help to change public opinion of the 4x4.
    You drove your truck through London???!!!

I hope you washed it this morning!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      You drove your truck through London???!!!

I hope you washed it this morning!
      he he, yeah went in on the A3 to the city then out on the A1. Going to give her a full wash and polish this week, so she looks all clean and shiney for Linda's birthday.

Comment

Yeah, this is the problem, even piece of bad driving or parking a 4x4 owner does only affirms Joe publics view of 4x4's.

You can have any number of grannys leaving their Micra's across two spaces at Tesco's, but one $$$$pily parked 4x4 gets eveyones attention.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

that was one of the common reasons for them to drive badly in London, they were blisfully unaware of the size of their vehicle, and so the straddled 2 lanes in traffic when there was enough room to get a bus through, or took up 2 or 3 parking spaces.

Comment

My mate's Prodrive STi is under 20mpg most of the time and into single figures when he canes it, and you dont buy those things to pootle around lets face it.

Still seen no mention of that kind of car in these reports.

<edit> Oops, wrong thread. Enhanced muppetry this morning!
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
              My mate's Prodrive STi is under 20mpg most of the time and into single figures when he canes it, and you dont buy those things to pootle around lets face it.

Still seen no mention of that kind of car in these reports.

<edit> Oops, wrong thread. Enhanced muppetry this morning!
              It's ok, it is Monday after all

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                Yeah, this is the problem, even piece of bad driving or parking a 4x4 owner does only affirms Joe publics view of 4x4's.

You can have any number of grannys leaving their Micra's across two spaces at Tesco's, but one $$$$pily parked 4x4 gets eveyones attention.
                EYUP My wifes a granny twice over,....and she drives a Micra.....and she parks.....................oh forget it
                Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

that was one of the common reasons for them to drive badly in London, they were blisfully unaware of the size of their vehicle, and so the straddled 2 lanes in traffic when there was enough room to get a bus through, or took up 2 or 3 parking spaces.
                  You don't have to go to London to watch them drive like a knob! A Brand new Shiny Volvo sumthingorother blasted past me at some traffic lights on Saturday, then proceeded to cut me up, the driver soon tried to open the sunroof with her head when I blew the horn though

Maybe I'm just been bias..... After all it was a volvo that punted me off the bike a few years ago!
                  Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Originally posted by coolsv650
                    You don't have to go to London to watch them drive like a knob! A Brand new Shiny Volvo sumthingorother blasted past me at some traffic lights on Saturday, then proceeded to cut me up, the driver soon tried to open the sunroof with her head when I blew the horn though

Maybe I'm just been bias..... After all it was a volvo that punted me off the bike a few years ago!
                    I do notice badly driven 4x4s elsewhere, even my own town, it's just more prominant when I was in London

Comment

I do notice badly driven 4x4s elsewhere, even my own town, it's just more prominant when I was in London
                      ...... where loony red ken lives (and most of the other environmental nutters!)
                      Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Originally posted by coolsv650
                        ...... where loony red ken lives (and most of the other environmental nutters!)
                        well London doesn't look very environmentally friendly.

Comment

Vehicles being driven or parked badly is not the fault of the vehicle/vehicle type, its the numpty behind the wheel and believe me the numpties are prolific in every type of vehicle.

Especially those with two jags ( apparently)
                          Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
                            Vehicles being driven or parked badly is not the fault of the vehicle/vehicle type, its the numpty behind the wheel and believe me the numpties are prolific in every type of vehicle.

Especially those with two jags ( apparently)
                            I agree, and nothing pi$$es me off more that because of the idiotic anti-4x4bandwagon, if J. Public in his Mondeo drives like a tool or parks across 2 spaces, people just tut, but if he does it in a 4x4, all of a sudden its so much more wrong because he has a 4x4 and they should be banned or pay more.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Hi all.

most people drive badly in london because its a dog eat dog situation whatever you drive , if you lived in here you would know why we take two spaces for parking its because pillocks park so close to you that why you allways find new digs in your doors

i love to get out of london when im driving can feel the weight lifting off my shoulders
                              Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Working...
                              X