Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peed off with BT

Well as the title says it.

Peed of with BT (or British Tw$$s) and was hopin to move over to cable broadband but just found out that all the lines are used in the area so have stay with the overcharging, money-racking twits

So the cost of BT Line and the ISP (no problems with and didn't want to lose but BT *******) approx £30 a month instead of £10 a month for cable and no usage levels like my current ISP
    Last edited by Gizmo; 14 March 2007, 22:15.
    Gaz

Give for example TISCALI a ring they do a package. You Use the same phoneline.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

i just renewed my mobile contract with orange and got a deal on my b/band a £35 p/m phone contract and free b/band with unlimited usage.
      The thing is i am already with orangeb/band since it was freeserve for the last 5 years and oroange never even offered the deal i just got so i was paying £28 p/m b/band and £25 p/m phone before i swapped from o2.
      So now i pay £35 p/m mobile ,b/band and when i get the new orange b/band box then i will have free landline calls aswell
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
        i just renewed my mobile contract with orange and got a deal on my b/band a £35 p/m phone contract and free b/band with unlimited usage.
        The thing is i am already with orangeb/band since it was freeserve for the last 5 years and oroange never even offered the deal i just got so i was paying £28 p/m b/band and £25 p/m phone before i swapped from o2.
        So now i pay £35 p/m mobile ,b/band and when i get the new orange b/band box then i will have free landline calls aswell
        I have been with Freeserve since it started, moving from them to Wanadoo and now Orange. I have just changed my broadband subscription after checking the current rates and finding that for ££'s less per month I can now get up to 8MB and unlimited usage

They have sent me the 'Live Box' for wireless broadband and free phone calls.

My question is... I have already got a wired/wireless system set-up, can I configure the 'Live Box' just for the free phone calls, or do I have to junk my current system?

Your thoughts please

BTW why is 's c r a p' in the bad word filter?
        Life on the edge is short, but the view is great !

Comment

Originally posted by Paff
          I have been with Freeserve since it started, moving from them to Wanadoo and now Orange. I have just changed my broadband subscription after checking the current rates and finding that for ££'s less per month I can now get up to 8MB and unlimited usage

They have sent me the 'Live Box' for wireless broadband and free phone calls.

My question is... I have already got a wired/wireless system set-up, can I configure the 'Live Box' just for the free phone calls, or do I have to junk my current system?

Your thoughts please

BTW why is 's c r a p' in the bad word filter?
          last q first...cause it has the word c r a p in it.
          i suppose if you got a double socket for the lines to go into then yes you could keep your old set up aswell.I too have got a router with 3 sometimes 4 computers wired up to it so i will be looking to see if i can keep my old system

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
            i suppose if you got a double socket for the lines to go into then yes you could keep your old set up aswell.I too have got a router with 3 sometimes 4 computers wired up to it so i will be looking to see if i can keep my old system
            UPDATE...

I hate to dissapoint you but I have set up the Live Box OK for wireless etc but when that is connected to the phone line as well as my original router - both do not work

So do I take it that two routers on one line won't go?

Bugger !

Looks like I won't be able to take advantage of the FREE telephone calls from Orange as I don't want to get rid of the original router coz it serves wired as well as wireless PC's and it's set-up with a remote printer as well.

C R A P !!

Unless anyone knows different?
            Last edited by Paff; 15 March 2007, 22:28.
            Life on the edge is short, but the view is great !

Comment

Originally posted by Paff
              UPDATE...

I hate to dissapoint you but I have set up the Live Box OK for wireless etc but when that is connected to the phone line as well as my original router - both do not work

So do I take it that two routers on one line won't go?

Bugger !

Looks like I won't be able to take advantage of the FREE telephone calls from Orange as I don't want to get rid of the original router coz it serves wired as well as wireless PC's and it's set-up with a remote printer as well.

C R A P !!

Unless anyone knows dirrerent?
              oh well it was worth a try then

Comment

Well, as i'm going to have 2 stay with bt, i've been lloking round at better deals than orange (always been with them since freeserve and dial-up days).

Yes u can get a mobile deal etc with em, but i'm on t-mobile at a reduced rate due to a mate working for them.

Anyone using Sky broadband? any issues
                cause I just found it to be £10 for upto 16mb unlimited as i'm already on sky, or £5 for 8mb 40gb limit per month
                Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo
                  Anyone using Sky broadband? any issues
                  cause I just found it to be £10 for upto 16mb unlimited as i'm already on sky, or £5 for 8mb 40gb limit per month
                  No personal experience of it, but knowing Sky, they'll end up shafting you at some point. I'd personally steer clear of theirs.

Comment

Working...
                  X