What's the value on a 1st gen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the value on a 1st gen?

I'm on the look out for a 1st gen to use as a daily driver. I haven't found any for sale in Ireland or on her so far, so I'm considering importing one from Japan.
    Looking at the prices over there, it would seem that a real good one would be around £1600-£1800. Add on shipping and vat/customs etc and the price gets up to around £3000-£3300 or around €5000 on the road in Ireland.
    Is that to much to pay for one. Bear in mind that it will not be used as an offroader and will be a daily driver, so really top condition is no.1 priority.

Would it be mad to spend so much on one, or is it a fair price for a good one?

BTW, any of the good ones I've looked at from Japan have under 100,000kms and are grade 3.5+

Thanks

You'd be mad to pay that much for a 20 year old truck. It would have to be in showroom condiditon.

You just missed a cracker for £750 - http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=30267

I bought it!!!!

Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

LOL yeah that was a nice find Boyo, but for a daily driver, I would prefer the IFS. No doubt though, it's a sweet rig and a cracking colour too...

So has anyone else got a good 1st for sale???

Comment

Originally posted by Cmar
        LOL yeah that was a nice find Boyo, but for a daily driver, I would prefer the IFS. No doubt though, it's a sweet rig and a cracking colour too...

So has anyone else got a good 1st for sale???
        True 1st gens are quite rare.

have you considered getting a double cab pick up?

Been looking on ebay and there's a few around - a lovely single cab 1993 went last week for £1500 - low milage and very clean. Some of the trucks on there are total $$$$ as well!

The body work on the imports is much better than trucks that have lived in the UK all their lives.
        Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

how about looking in America for a good 1st gen.Going on what i saw of a lot of they're trucks on Yota there are some bloomin good ones over there.Have a search on U.S ebay or ask on Yota for any dealers over there that will be willing to export for you.My brother has imported a couple of Ford4x4's and they have been really good
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Yeah, the US 4runners are usually very good, but LHD unfortunately.

Comment

The thing is, if I buy a rust free one from Japan. I won't have to worry about body repairs for a long time. I would treat it underneath and the inside of any of the panels I can get to.

Shipping and the Irish vrt is adding about €1750 (£1200) to the price.

Unless there is any around the UK for me???

Comment

Working...
              X