Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

although picture surely can't be correct...just noticed they look tiny

Comment

i run 31/10.50 colway m/ts on the road and have got used to them, they're noisy, sounds like a jet taking off, they can step out in the wet but so did my old a/ts that were on it when i got it, stones get stuck in the tread and i have to go round with a screwdriver once a week pulling them out, they vibrate the steering as you come to a stop, only literally the last second before you stop, after a year on and off road they'd never go through an MOT, but i got used to em now and i love em, so i'll keep em and not go back to a/ts now.
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

Originally posted by virgo
        the general grabber at2 here:

http://www.wgtyres.com/product_info....8d4dbc12c366f1

seem fairly priced. Do you think they look okay?
        They come as a well rated tyre by a lot of people. i'm sure you'll find people on here running them, but i've never used them myself so can't say anymore really.
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

They do seem quite reasonable in price though. Could even get carried away and get

http://www.wgtyres.com/product_info....8d4dbc12c366f1

looking at the tread pattern i'm guessing these would be the best option for road use. I know some people here are running 285 tyres but would 315 on a 4" lift work well?

Comment

by the way before i get ahead of myself, i have (what i beleive to be) shogun 5 spoke 16" alloys. How would i determine the width of them?

Comment

the 285 or 315 part is the width of the tyre, i would think you'd need at least 30mm spacers and extended arches to go to a 315 tyre.
              =========
              =SOLD UP!=
              =========

Comment

Thanks Nero279, i'm writing faster than my brain can think

yes i think 315 width is a bit too much. I do like the 285 at2's so looks like i'll be placing an order tomorrow.

Comment

285s are about 11.5" wide so a little wider than standard, they should be ok, 315s are going on 12.5" there are a few people running 33/12.50s with a 4"lift and 30 mm spacers, so you may get away with them, but to be safe i'd go 285s and at that price they can't be bad
                  =========
                  =SOLD UP!=
                  =========

Comment

295's are 11.6 wide. Do you think i could get away with that width on shogun rims? What is standard width normally?

Comment

I think standard is 265 or 10.5", I don't know if there's any difference in the offset between shogun/surf rims so couldn't say whether going any wider would cause problems or not, do you get any scrubbing at the moment? try turning your wheels to full lock each way and have a look to see how much clearance you've got, the back should b ok, but remember to allow for suspension travel aswell.
                      =========
                      =SOLD UP!=
                      =========

Comment

...and body roll, you don't wanna be cornering at 40 or 50mph when you find out they do catch on a bolt or something in the wheel arch.
                        =========
                        =SOLD UP!=
                        =========

Comment

hmmm i didn't think about that. I'm running 265's at the moment.

I think i'll have to take some measurements to see exactly how much clearance I have on full lock & with the wheel tucked up in the arch.

Comment

Working...
                          X