Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 285/75/16 Tyre height

Hi,

I'm doing a 4" lift (2" suspension done, 2" body in progress..) and I'm looking for a set of 33" tyres that will fit on the 16" alloys that I have.

I'm finding it hard to come across a set of a/t tyres in this size.

Has anyone got a set of 285/75/16 tyres fitted? and how tall are they in inches?

Thanks,

Amit

I found this to help:

http://www.procomptires.com/conversionchart.htm

which shows that 285/75/16 will get me to 32.8 inches, which i guess is close enough....

So next question is can anyone recommend a good set of a/t tyres on this size?

Comment

Bfg do a 33x12.5x15 so might do a 16

ther is a tyre place at Michael Delver.(Spelling?) hampshire that does them
      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by virgo
        Hi,

I'm doing a 4" lift (2" suspension done, 2" body in progress..) and I'm looking for a set of 33" tyres that will fit on the 16" alloys that I have.

Has anyone got a set of 285/75/16 tyres fitted? and how tall are they in inches?

Thanks,

Amit
        http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp should help
        Bunkle
        Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

Hi,

Thanks,

Amit
          I have a set of BF Goodridge 33x12.5x16 MTs which were £125 each and are awsome off road and allmost no noise on the road. I do over 300 miles a week on them and have done for a year now. They are about half worn.
          Steve
          monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Hi,

Thanks,

Amit
            www.uptotheaxles.co.uk do a 33/1250 for a 16" wheel for about the £65 mark.
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
              www.uptotheaxles.co.uk do a 33/1250 for a 16" wheel for about the £65 mark.
              you sure it's not www.uptotheaxles.com
              =========
              =SOLD UP!=
              =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
                you sure it's not www.uptotheaxles.com
                evidently...

Anyway... it's the Greenway Machos that are available for 16" wheel, and 33" diameter. Those Kumhos look sexy though...
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I can't find a set of a/t in the right size on that site

Comment

Have a look here, not bad prices on some brands.

http://www.wgtyres.com/new_search_re...=&sub=+Search+

Comment

Bronco 4x4 are doing grizzly claws for £89 a corner very good tyres if you fancy a M/T rather than A/T

www.bronco4x4.com
                      =========
                      =SOLD UP!=
                      =========

Comment

Actually i have seen those, but I'm guessing they won't be that great on wet roads. I'm not likely to go offroad in the Surf - sadly

Comment

Well unless someone can vouch for m/t's having the same type of handling on road as a/t's?

So anyone running large m/t's and see much of a difference on wet roads?

Comment

Actually i have seen those, but I'm guessing they won't be that great on wet roads. I'm not likely to go offroad in the Surf - sadly
                            That may well be an understatement, my mate has them on his landy and they're OK on that, but they're a touch on the noisy side.

Greenway macho's at £62 a corner here http://www.sowdentyres.co.uk/greenway-tyres.html

other than that for a proper a/t all i could find sensibly priced were general grabber a/t2 for around £100 a corner, cooper st at about 110 and kumho venture at about the same
                            =========
                            =SOLD UP!=
                            =========

Comment

the general grabber at2 here:

http://www.wgtyres.com/product_info....8d4dbc12c366f1

seem fairly priced. Do you think they look okay?

Comment

Working...
                              X