side light / indicator swap??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• side light / indicator swap??

Whilst I'm off work, bored $hitless -been think of a wee mod to my surf, for when I'm all better again.
    For no other reason than asthetics - thinking of swapping the duty (and coloured bulbs) of my front side lights and front indicators. Electrically straight forward - but would it have any legal / mot implications????
    Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

I think Bushwhacker's done that.

Cant imagine why it would have any legal implications...
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

so your side lights would be yellow and indicators white?
      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
        so your side lights would be yellow and indicators white?
        No - side lights are Halfrauds LED - ICE WHITE - AKA pale blue!!! and indicators are silver/orange. would need to buy new lamps accordingly

Comment

sounds good, will look different.
          Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
            I think Bushwhacker's done that.

Cant imagine why it would have any legal implications...

Yep.
            It passed the MOT o.k. but the tester did mention that sidelights should really be white and not amber.
            So I mentioned that some LandRover Disco's have amber sidelights, some RangeRovers too!

No reply!

Comment

I replaced the sidelight bulbs with led's last week and they look pretty sweet, I keep driving round on sidelights during the day now though
              =========
              =SOLD UP!=
              =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
                I replaced the sidelight bulbs with led's last week and they look pretty sweet, I keep driving round on sidelights during the day now though
                Poser
                Rob

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                  Yep.
                  It passed the MOT o.k. but the tester did mention that sidelights should really be white and not amber.
                  So I mentioned that some LandRover Disco's have amber sidelights, some RangeRovers too!

No reply!
                  While i got mine stripped i'm doing that Vince, (at last), it's the same if you get an arsey copper, they'll pick up on the slightest thing,
                  Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by nero279

The only problem I've found is obtaining white LEDs. Ive tried 3 different sets (2 off ebay + 1 from halfrauds) each time promised whiter than white light - which always means blue. I've changed them to leds as normal filament lamps seem yellowish at 5w and look old/dirty compared to my headlights.
                    Am I being too picky????

Comment

Originally posted by jaky cakes
                      The only problem I've found is obtaining white LEDs. Ive tried 3 different sets (2 off ebay + 1 from halfrauds) each time promised whiter than white light - which always means blue. I've changed them to leds as normal filament lamps seem yellowish at 5w and look old/dirty compared to my headlights.
                      Am I being too picky????
                      I use this company www.superbrightleds.com . I normally wait until I've got a good size order to make the postage worth while.
                      Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

These were the ones i used, manufactured by a company called savage, i got them from a local motor factors.

http://www.shop.edirectory.co.uk/aut...te/pid/1346422
                        =========
                        =SOLD UP!=
                        =========

Comment

This place is good, cheap, fast etc.

I fitted white 6000mcd leds from this place in my rooflights and they look the pooches nads.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Goodwill-Leds-Sales
                          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                          X