cobra or scorpion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cobra or scorpion

which one of these would you go for? these are all i can afford, if any other suggestion grafefuly recieved around the same price

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SCORPION-1015T...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-COBRA-3193...QQcmdZViewItem

thanks

Scorpian seems to give more options, but if I were you I'd goto the respective web sites and check out the specs on both, Imobilizer is good as ins companies want it now on these vehicles.
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
      Scorpian seems to give more options, but if I were you I'd goto the respective web sites and check out the specs on both, Imobilizer is good as ins companies want it now on these vehicles.

Dont they have to come under Thatcham cat 1 to be of any use for insurance companys??

It should be good for piece of mind! £50 odd quid is a small price to pay to deter someone from stealing your surf!

Comment

Thatcham cat 1 is a combined alarm & immobilizer which has met whatever requirements and been tested/registered.

Thatcham cat 2 is an immobilizer only, which again has been tested and registered ansd met the requirements laid down by thatcham.

One of those that you linked to was cat 2-1, if you've already got a cat 2 immobilizer it upgrades it to cat 1 by adding the alarm.

Whatever happens if you want a thatcham approved system you have to pay a registered fitter to fit it to get the necessary certificates for your insurance company.

You'll find having one doesn't affect your insurance that much even if it is thatcham approved. On imports insurers often look for a cat 2 immobilizer to be installed to provide cover at all.
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

Working...
        X