Grill help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grill help

Can anyone tell me if theres a secret japanese knack to undoing the clips that hold the grill on, i had a good look then a gentle poke at it resulting one bit dropping out through the bottom and the other bit flying up into the bonnet, wot have you guys done replaced em with another type of clip or nut & bolt? i was hopeing to strip this without asking questions but!!!!!!,
    Got the AC rad etc off from underneath, did'nt realise it was soooo big, fair bit of room under there now, I take it you guys that have removed the Ac have removed the stuff from behind the grill as well.?
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

My grille is held on by one clip and the sidelights!!

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
      Can anyone tell me if theres a secret japanese knack to undoing the clips that hold the grill on, i had a good look then a gentle poke at it resulting one bit dropping out through the bottom and the other bit flying up into the bonnet, wot have you guys done replaced em with another type of clip or nut & bolt? i was hopeing to strip this without asking questions but!!!!!!,
      Got the AC rad etc off from underneath, did'nt realise it was soooo big, fair bit of room under there now, I take it you guys that have removed the Ac have removed the stuff from behind the grill as well.?
      most of mine snapped off too ian.ive just left the four screw in that hold the side lights in place.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

OK cheers guys , i'll just take a claw hammer to it tomorrow then, wonder wot genius thought up those clips, little yellow swine's

Comment

The 2 at each end seem ok on mine the rest are gone
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

It was one of my end ones that went both ways, the rest are in place so i suppose that means my truck has never been messed with which i think is a good thing,
            Did any of you guys ebay the AC gear you took off? just wondering if it's worth advertiseing em,

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
              It was one of my end ones that went both ways, the rest are in place so i suppose that means my truck has never been messed with which i think is a good thing,
              Did any of you guys ebay the AC gear you took off? just wondering if it's worth advertiseing em,
              tonyN came down with a big trailer and filled his boots with all the $$$$ that i had lying around the garage.(ahem i mean good stuff that i had lying around the garage.)i dont know about ebay,but i suppose someone,somewhere is looking for a/c stuff.
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
                tonyN came down with a big trailer and filled his boots with all the $$$$ that i had lying around the garage.(ahem i mean good stuff that i had lying around the garage.)i dont know about ebay,but i suppose someone,somewhere is looking for a/c stuff.
                Yeah, i've seen it on there before but did'nt take any notice of how much it went for, might be worth a try!, knowing my luck i'll probably end up giveing or chucking it away,

Comment

I'm only one clip shy and that was because I dropped it and it disappeared somewhere. You lot obviously aint subtle.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                    I'm only one clip shy and that was because I dropped it and it disappeared somewhere. You lot obviously aint subtle.
                    Since when do YOU do subtle ?
                    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

you may only be one clip shy.but i reckon your a few sandwiches short of a picnic.
                      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                        Since when do YOU do subtle ?
                        you may only be one clip shy.but i reckon your a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

Sods.

Comment

Sods.
                          (ahem).
                          www.overfab.uk

Comment

(ahem).

Comment

www.overfab.uk