How high should it be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rincewind
    The measurement from the top of the wheel to the underside of the wing is 13.5 ins at the rear and 11.5 at the front, can anyone tell me if I am high at the back or low at the front!!
    Measurement from the ground to the outer edge of the wheel arch.

Front = 34 inches

Rear = 36 inches

Measurement from the top of the tyre to the outer edge of the wheel arch...(not accurate as it bit more difficult to measure).

Front = 4 3/4 inches

Rear = 6 3/4 inches

Regards

Lewis

Comment

Thats brilliant, so, even when standard there is a two inch difference front to rear, and there's me getting all worried something is wrong!!

I might still change the front if the price isn't too bad as the front lacks a bit of bounce. I will check your measurements with mine and let you know how they compare as this should give me a good idea if it is the whole car that sank!

Looks like I will need to buy one of those adjustable tow hitches to get the caravan level!

Thanks again Lewis

Comment

I might still change the front if the price isn't too bad as the front lacks a bit of bounce. I will check your measurements with mine and let you know how they compare as this should give me a good idea if it is the whole car that sank!
        Genuine Toyota front springs retail at £97.57 + VAT each, they are quite expensive.

After fitting the 4 genuine coils & bilstein shoxs the vehicle was only slightly higher, I suppose after 11 years on the original springs they are going to sag. But what a big improvement, I now no longer bottom out on the front & rear when going over speed humps.

Regards

Lewis

Comment

Wow, thats eye wateringly expensive, guy at Explorer has just mailed me back to say the quote was for 2" extended not standard height, they don't do standard height, I have also checked with Roughtrax, they don't do them either....back to the search.

Comment

Wow, thats eye wateringly expensive, guy at Explorer has just mailed me back to say the quote was for 2" extended not standard height, they don't do standard height, I have also checked with Roughtrax, they don't do them either....back to the search.
            I spent hours on the internet over a period of weeks looking for standard height aftermarket coil springs for the front with no luck. there's loads of choice if you want a suspension lift.

In the end thats why I went for the Genuine Toyota ones.

Comment

:
              Originally posted by DitchCrawler
              TonyN has just fitted a 2" lift to my 3rd gen, but the rear has gained 3" due to the knackered old springs, the truck sits real nice now i did'nt measure the front ride height before, sorry

Paul
              and very nice it looks too.did you find the hairdresser sign written on it.
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Checked the heights on mine and they are the same as Iclascaris, so it seems mine had dropped two inches at the back and is now riding correctly, bit of a surprise but I am pleased it is right.

Might still save up for some genuine Toyota front springs as i think it is a bit soft, and hits the bump stops on the humps!

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
                  :
                  and very nice it looks too.did you find the hairdresser sign written on it.
                  boring now.

Comment

Working...
                  X