Train horns fitted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Train horns fitted

Finally got them fitted. Woooooooowwwwww, they are LOUD. I will post some pics later as it was raining most of the time and i didn't get any pics during install so i'll take some when it gets dryer. I have fitted the 12ltr tank under the rear end of the truck, the pump is in the boot and the horns sit nicely behind the number plate. Wiring was probably the biggest part of the job as the pump is in the boot and the horns and pump are switchable from the dash.
    Well i got to work this morning at 7.00, pulled into the underground car park and let rip. Two of our lads lept from their boots and stood to one side shaking and holding their ears. If you read the first thread you will know that i bench tested them in my garage and nearly killed my hearing so i know only to well how they feel. Now all i need is any excuse to let them go, i think i'm gonna start looking for faults in others driving, well for the next couple of days at least. I'll do a video of jo public appreciating them and slap it on youtube. And on that note i think i'm off for a drive hehe
    http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Originally posted by Antshiel
    Finally got them fitted. Woooooooowwwwww, they are LOUD. I will post some pics later as it was raining most of the time and i didn't get any pics during install so i'll take some when it gets dryer. I have fitted the 12ltr tank under the rear end of the truck, the pump is in the boot and the horns sit nicely behind the number plate. Wiring was probably the biggest part of the job as the pump is in the boot and the horns and pump are switchable from the dash.
    Well i got to work this morning at 7.00, pulled into the underground car park and let rip. Two of our lads lept from their boots and stood to one side shaking and holding their ears. If you read the first thread you will know that i bench tested them in my garage and nearly killed my hearing so i know only to well how they feel. Now all i need is any excuse to let them go, i think i'm gonna start looking for faults in others driving, well for the next couple of days at least. I'll do a video of jo public appreciating them and slap it on youtube. And on that note i think i'm off for a drive hehe
    Nice one dude....give em hell.

Comment

cant wait to hear those.... will it be a www.hornblasters.com style video?
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
        cant wait to hear those.... will it be a www.hornblasters.com style video?
        Yeah,hornblaster type vid would be great entertainment value,get a chav with it
        www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

Originally posted by smithsurf
          Yeah,hornblaster type vid would be great entertainment value,get a chav with it
          Just been out to the dustbin....recon i heard them..lol

Comment

Originally posted by Antshiel
            by far the coolest thread, i got dem oooooooggaa horn ting, and it's funny as fook, drive next to a couple of chavs say walking the same side as your driving,then... let rip!

honest i nearly crashed driving, had to pull over up the road and compose myself, i reckon had $$$$ his pants, got a laugh too from passers by
            The benchmark....

Comment

Thats so CRUEL I'd love to see them CHAVS wet their pants
              (\__/)
              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
              (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                Thats so CRUEL I'd love to see them CHAVS wet their pants
                i'll put some vids on you tube next time ,it is soooo funny.
                The benchmark....

Comment

If yours are as LOUD i want some
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                  (")_(")

Comment

i h

i have got a set on my topline scannie, got them in france a round 6 years ago there is no beter felling then giving an arse**** a blast on the motorway. At 130 db per horn it soon wakes them up

Comment

Watch this space, vids comin soon. You cruel lot you!

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                        If yours are as LOUD i want some
                        http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Tripl...2275QQtcZphoto
                        Click on the sound clip on the above page, you'll get a good idea just how loud they really are. They're actually louder in the flesh.

Comment

Hey man, nice job.

Are they as loud as these mothers??? 152db at 1m

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TiWNw0A1Ijg
                          Last edited by M35A2; 6 March 2007, 01:00.

Comment

Working...
                          X