Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24 MPG, I don’t think so!!

Hmmm I don’t believe this:

A 3:0 Ltr. V6 Petrol that does 24 MPG (manual gearbox)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-HILUX-S...QQcmdZViewItem

Note the V6 badge on the front grill.

I’m sure having an Auto gearbox (like mine) doesn’t sap an extra 7 or 8 MPG.
    Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Originally posted by PDR
    Hmmm I don’t believe this:

A 3:0 Ltr. V6 Petrol that does 24 MPG (manual gearbox)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-HILUX-S...QQcmdZViewItem

Note the V6 badge on the front grill.

I’m sure having an Auto gearbox (like mine) doesn’t sap an extra 7 or 8 MPG.
    Have a look on Yotatech. The yanks are pretty convinced that the auto gearbox on the V6 is what contributes to the sluggish performance and the appalling economy. They think there are big gains in performance and economy to be had from the manual box.

I would have had a manual but the only one I could find at the time made weird noises. If you do a lot of long distance driving, the auto's not so bad but around town it's a stinker.

Comment

The Ex used to own a V6 manual 4Runner, steady driving on the motorway 25-28mpg was average.

Around town 19mpg was hard to achieve!
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks,

Ok, I stand corrected. I’ll have a look on Yotatech.

I’ve not tested the MPG on long runs yet.

When I bought my Surf I didn’t know much about them…. I saw an add on the Autotrader website and called at the garage on the way home…. Just knew that I wanted this Surf and within 30 mins I had arranged a good part-ex on the MR2…..

I guess if I’d known a bit more at the time then I may have gone for the 3Ltr Turbo Diesel. But I do like my Surf (a lot) and prefer an auto box especially in city traffic.

I’ve spent over £1,400 in the last 2 weeks on her so I plan to keep this Surf for quite some time yet.
        Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

I wouldn't let it concern you. If you like it, it's all good. And you have to do a lot of miles to justify the extra cost of a diesel over petrol.

New heads cost more than gaskets too

Comment

Working...
          X