Uckfield bypass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uckfield bypass

My brother just told me that yesterday he passed a blue Surf in a right mess on the A22 Uckfield bypass, he said it looked to have been completely written-off. He thought it was mine for a moment cos the driver looked short... I hope it means that nobody was hurt but also I hope it was noone from here?
    Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Originally posted by Snoop
    My brother just told me that yesterday he passed a blue Surf in a right mess on the A22 Uckfield bypass, he said it looked to have been completely written-off. He thought it was mine for a moment cos the driver looked short... I hope it means that nobody was hurt but also I hope it was noone from here?
    Well it won't be Doc Martin as his is burgundy, hope it's not Nellington or SimonH.

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
      Well it won't be Doc Martin as his is burgundy, hope it's not Nellington or SimonH.

Trev
      Whoever it is hope the fellow SURFER is ok
      Enjoying Life after Cancer
      Pops

Comment

Trev
        hey Trev - saw sooo many Surfs around the hill and Haywards Heath yesterday including Hippo! The SDV was being MOT'd (well, failed anyway) at Elite by the Station and you went past as I was walking up.

Comment

hey Trev - saw sooo many Surfs around the hill and Haywards Heath yesterday including Hippo! The SDV was being MOT'd (well, failed anyway) at Elite by the Station and you went past as I was walking up.
          You took the SDV to Elite ???

Ick, NOOO

Go to Browns in Boltro Road instead, Elite have, shall we say, a dubiuos reputation.

Comment

You took the SDV to Elite ???

Ick, NOOO

Go to Browns in Boltro Road instead, Elite have, shall we say, a dubiuos reputation.
            Yes I know, but I needed the MOT done at err short notice (i.e I checked the paper work and went eek!) and they could do it. I figured there's little harm on an MOT test only...

She failed on the exhaust and I saw a post on here about a company in Redhill that does Powerflow exhausts at a good price so think I'll treat her as the benefits seem numerous.

Comment

Yes I know, but I needed the MOT done at err short notice (i.e I checked the paper work and went eek!) and they could do it. I figured there's little harm on an MOT test only...

She failed on the exhaust and I saw a post on here about a company in Redhill that does Powerflow exhausts at a good price so think I'll treat her as the benefits seem numerous.
              Which bit of the exhaust ?

I have the last sections here waiting to be fitted to Hippo (I have a steering damper on order, and going to get both done at same time)

Comment

Which bit of the exhaust ?

I have the last sections here waiting to be fitted to Hippo (I have a steering damper on order, and going to get both done at same time)
                The last section and the middle pipe - the last bit came off on Salisbury a while ago and TonyN welded it back on for me for last years MOT but we knew it was only a temporary thing. I suspected it was going to fail on it. Definately going to go the stainless route.

Comment

The last section and the middle pipe - the last bit came off on Salisbury a while ago and TonyN welded it back on for me for last years MOT but we knew it was only a temporary thing. I suspected it was going to fail on it. Definately going to go the stainless route.
                  Hmmmmmmmmmm

There's a familiar theme here, Salisbury followed by last 2 sections of exhaust needed

Comment

Take the surf to http://www.autowise.co.uk/ in Burgess Hill, the owner (Paul) has a 2.4 that I sold him a couple of years ago, and he has fitted a S/S exhaust to that, they should have all of the bits in stock.

Comment

Found this thread cos I was looking for a thread on MOTs and noticed the news about someone lunching their Surf. Appreciate the concern for my wellbeing and am glad to say it wasn't me. Hope whoever it was is ok and that any damage to their Surf will just 'polish out'!.
                      Ubi est mea anaticula cumminosa?

Comment

Working...
                      X