Busy Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Busy Day!

Went to work and then off to buy some new tyres, 31x10.5x15 General Grabbers this morning £350 for 4 (I’ll buy a replacement for the spare later this month).

Met another Surf owner while I was waiting, a blond girl with a 2.4 (gun metal grey). She didn’t have a tool to remove her under-slung spare tyre
    (and nor did I with having mine mounted on a rear carrier) said she’d been on the forums, so if your reading this, I hope you got it sorted.

I’ve only been a few miles on these General Grabbers but they seem very good so far. Road noise is a lot less than I expected.

Took my sump guard off and sprayed bottom of engine with degreaser then took the Surf to the garage and jet-washed it clean. Once back home I got it up on some ramps and had a good look for the oil leak….. seemed to be coming from around the sump… I found that I could get several turns on most of the bolts holding on the sump. The top part of the engine was free of any leaks and so it should be as the head gaskets where only done 2 weeks ago. Another possible leak point is around the base of something that I think might be a fuel pump? Anyway it’s on the same side as the oil filter. At least I now know that it is engine oil that was leaking and not gearbox or power steering ATF fluid.

While I was under there I greased all the nipples with a standard grease gun.

Regards, Paul
    Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

You can't beat a day like that PRODUCTIVE & PROUD
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by PDR

Met another Surf owner while I was waiting, a blond girl with a 2.4 (gun metal grey). She didn’t have a tool to remove her under-slung spare tyre
      (and nor did I with having mine mounted on a rear carrier) said she’d been on the forums, so if your reading this, I hope you got it sorted.
      Roughtrax do the full kit for jack and spare tyre removal.
      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Working...
      X