Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sky broadband

Anyone got it?

At a tenner a month for 16Mb speed and uncapped useage it seems too cheap to be true.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Broadband is getting much cheaper these days, and if they say thats the price,then thats the price.
    I would phone BT though and get them to check your line coz in my area the lines can only handle 2 meg, so no point in me paying for a faster connecion.
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

I was thinking of using Sky broadband, however have heard very mixed reviews. Most of them saying that it's sh!te and to avoid like the plague, as it tends to kick you off after a few minutes with no re-connection.

Have a search on google for reviews. It may be just teething problems, so I'm hanging on for a few months to see if things change.

A tenner is cheep though!

Ferret
      "Canis Auxilio Servimus"

Comment

Sky and cheap are two words that never go together in a sentence. They'll screw you somehow, over time.

Comment

OK, so myabe Sky isn't for us. We need 100% reliability for Vicki's business and at the moment are with Orange (have been with them since it was Freeserve) £27.99 a month for 2meg uncapped.

It's been totally reliable and always pretty fast (the limiting factor is our line).

Anyone else getting similar deal / reliability for a lot less? £27.99 a month seems a lot compared to some these days.
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
            Anyone got it?

At a tenner a month for 16Mb speed and uncapped useage it seems too cheap to be true.
            It is, it will be up to 16 meg. Also it will only happen on exchanges which sky have put their own equipment into.

You can find out if you exchange is one of them here http://www.samknows.com/broadband/phoneno.php
            There are 10 kind of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

'There's no place like 127.0.0.1'

Comment

OK, so myabe Sky isn't for us. We need 100% reliability for Vicki's business and at the moment are with Orange (have been with them since it was Freeserve) £27.99 a month for 2meg uncapped.

It's been totally reliable and always pretty fast (the limiting factor is our line).

Anyone else getting similar deal / reliability for a lot less? £27.99 a month seems a lot compared to some these days.

I'd honestly stick with what you have if you've had no problems to date. You could get cheaper, but reliability is more important for you. That's not actually a bad price.

Comment

I've got tiscali, at 14.99 for 2meg uncapped, its been very reliable for about 18 months although before that I think they had some technical problems.

But for that money ( 27.99) you could run two broadbands on two lines and it would cost no more, and you could see which is best, and if one goes down you've always got the other.
                Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Like wise been with them for over 15 years from dialup to broadband, but only paying £19.99 a month for the broadband max package. Free UK calls and over 100 international countries as well all day, as well as no download limit. Saves load on calls to the sister in law in Belgium and my family in southern Ireland.

Comment

We're on Orange Broadband here, it's free with our Orange mobile phone contract. We get a speed of about 2Mbps but that's the fastest we can get here anway (according to the line check) so we're pretty happy with it.
                    Ubi est mea anaticula cumminosa?

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
                      I've got tiscali, at 14.99 for 2meg uncapped,

Me too!

Comment

Working...
                      X