Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roof Bars

Hi folks

On looking through the Forum some guys have roof bars for Surf boards etc whats the best way to fit roof rails and bars does anyone supply a kit.

Does drilling holes in ones roof cause rust roundles around the bars like my old rear wiper arm on me car?

Are they strong and do I need I need second bank loan to pay for them Ideas greatly received.

Cheers JB
    www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

look on ebay for roof rails off a frontera mate, the swb ones are longer than the lwb ones ??? just make sure you clean up any bare metal you create with some paint mate.

if you want them out of the box without drilling then halfords do them for the 4runner. and they fit fine. sure someone will be along with the relevant fitment numbers
    Last edited by andrewlee31; 3 March 2007, 14:38.
    TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Do you have to remove head lining and all to fit after drilling holes in the rood, and is there a template.

Cheers JB

Comment

Just looked on Ebay item no 170066914514 is that the same thing they look like they need a coat of paint.

Cheers JB

Comment

Better off fitting Thule roof bars mate. No drilling your roof and they can be fitted and removed in minutes. Nice and secure and can carry a fair weight.
          'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Cheers Mate

Are these the ones which clip inside the door seals got some for my Toyota Carina but didn/t think they would hold loads of timber and me ladders.
            Thanks JB

Comment

Thule ones are rated at 75kgs. I had 4 sheets of 18mm x 8ft x 4ft ply no probs, could have carried more too.
              Last edited by Antshiel; 4 March 2007, 16:15.
              http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

I had a look on a web site about £90s plus postage so will give em a try thanks bud.

Comment

Working...
                X