Speed up your computer.....NOT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed up your computer.....NOT!

Well I'm back on line now, having been away for a few days. Tried to speed up the laptop by giving it a cup of coffee!!!! Took 3 days but amazingly it has now dried out and is working. Now improvement in speed though!
    Only one problem, the L key is knacked so I have to hit it a few times reaLLy hard. Does this get me into the cellar?
    Nil illegitimi carborundum

Do you take SUGAR in your coffee
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Piker
      Well I'm back on line now, having been away for a few days. Tried to speed up the laptop by giving it a cup of coffee!!!! Took 3 days but amazingly it has now dried out and is working. Now improvement in speed though!
      Only one problem, the L key is knacked so I have to hit it a few times reaLLy hard. Does this get me into the cellar?
      I think you are safe on that, now if you had admitted that after tomorrow night you would have been in the sticky stuff.
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by marky
        Do you take SUGAR in your coffee
        Thankfully no!

Comment

Avoid posting messages about Llanelli for a while..........

Comment

Try removing the keyboard section and clean the contacts underneath with that spray that sparkys use for cleaning circuit boards (sorry don't know its correct name). Spray some on a lint free cloth and carefully wipe all the keystroke contact points, also clean under the keyboard section the same way. This is how I normally get all the keys working again when I get one in for repair.
            'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Copycat
              Try removing the keyboard section and clean the contacts underneath with that spray that sparkys use for cleaning circuit boards (sorry don't know its correct name). Spray some on a lint free cloth and carefully wipe all the keystroke contact points, also clean under the keyboard section the same way. This is how I normally get all the keys working again when I get one in for repair.
              Think it was me trying to get the keyboard off that knacked it, that and the molten java! It's more like the glue has eroded / meted so the key floats off of the contact. If that makes any sense. Compared to having to redo last years mileage reports, and losing loads of important info, a dodgy L is of no consequence. However I will shorty be burning regular backups on DVD. (I have had to go back on every L and retype!!!!)

Comment

Is it worth grabbing a spare external keyboard ?

Or, if you want the 'Hi tech' grab a laser virtual one.
                Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev

or get a secretary...
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev

Good plan, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X