X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snow chains anyone??

Comment

Originally posted by max6674
      Im lucky with the present Surf, I have a tank in the boot and a heater in the engine bay so I can switch when ever iI like, so at least I would be able to send them a pic of my tank in the boot.. in fact, do you want me to take some so you can use them? he he
      It'd be nice to have some pics of that setup just for curiosity's sake.

Comment

I will get some taken for all to see...
        -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

Thank for all that info chaps still abit wary tho but gonna try it, can it be any veg oil as my brother owns a bakery and gets big vats of pure veg oil in for doughnut machine so i have asked him to order me a couple hope this works . cheers mitsy.

Comment

Just sling it in. As long as it's new it'll be fine.

Comment

Pics of the conversion as promised. Sorry they are a little un-clear, its going dark but it gives you an idea.

The Pig2

42 litre tank with external breather.

This is the heat exchanger/heater which uses the plumbing for the rear cab heater.

This is one of the fuel valve and extra filters which have been added.

If any one wants pics of anything in particular, please let me now and I will see what I can do.
              Last edited by max6674; 28 February 2007, 21:04.

Comment

I read somewhere today about putting white spirit into cooking oil for some reason or another, does anyone know what this is for ?

Comment

Dont use white spirit,use diesel or petrol to thin it.
                  white spirit smells disgusting and is not something you can pay tax on if you get dipped.
                  i use a two tank system and when reaally could i put up to 20% petrol in it.
                  Ray

Comment

You can use pertol to thin the cooking oil... thats a new one on me but a good one. My mate owns a garage and he has gallons of mixed fuel from when numpties put the wrong fuel in their car... he he

Comment

talking to a biodiesel guy, he said do NOT mix petrol or white spirit etc, as this CAN damage some components - use DEISEL or BioDiesel to thin your SVO. Also note, WVO, SVO, RVO, BioDiesel generally cleans the system of all the $$$$ thats built up over the years, so the advice is to change your inline fuel filter after 1000 miles. from then on, if you continue to use veggie or BioD, regularly in place of or along side fossil diesel, then you replace the filter AS NORMAL.
                      I'm doing fine on 100% bioD at present, and will add SVO in the warner months. My fuel pump nut is retarded, but so far no problems but a possible alteration in gear change timing - that is to say changes up to 4th at slightly higher revs than normal. I am monitoring the situation!
                      If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

Working...
                      X