Veg oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stormforce1067
    your meant to pay 0.4835p per litre tax on veg oil thats used as fuel.Like i said in the other post i have written a letter to try and get my duty lowered on the svo and will let you all know the outcome.
    Its not worth chancing losing your truck over in my opinion
    I suppose I could get away with 10 liters in - 10 liters not in ;-)
    -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

Originally posted by max6674
      I suppose I could get away with 10 liters in - 10 liters not in ;-)
      like i said its all down to how honest you want to be with the paperwork

and when you work it out your only paying the lower rate at doing that
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Am I reading the HMRC web site correct.. and they want 48p per litre (£0.48) or am I in the running for IOTW?

Comment

Am I reading the HMRC web site correct.. and they want 48p per litre (£0.48) or am I in the running for IOTW?
          you are reading it right.thats why i have sent a letter to them and sent a email to tesco asking for all the info on the rapeseed oil for using as fuel.Once i get a reply and if they lower my rate down to 28ppl i will let you know
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
            like i said its all down to how honest you want to be with the paperwork

and when you work it out your only paying the lower rate at doing that
            Do you (or anyone else) have a link to the website to apply for the papers to register as a veg oil user?? Ive heard its easier then it sounds to register so i really wanna give it a shot!!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
              Do you (or anyone else) have a link to the website to apply for the papers to register as a veg oil user?? Ive heard its easier then it sounds to register so i really wanna give it a shot!!
              http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsP...yType=document

Comment

Cheers mate!! One step closer now!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
                  Hang fire until April - you may well find that you will then no longer need to get the papers
                  Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

What happens in April ?

Comment

What happens in April ?
                      Have a read here

Trev

Comment

It would appear that they may stop charging people using less than 22500 ltrs or their abouts. When i send them my monthly cheque for £4-£5 it cost them more to process it than the amount i pay.
                        At present i am running on 25% diesel without any startup problems which surprises me. I wonder if because the computer has been chipped, done before i bought car, if that has made a difference.
                        Maybe Global warming has an up side, we can use 90-100% veg all year.
                        One interesting and annoying point. When i contacted Richmond upon Thaqmes mayor, re their £300 residents parking permit for 4x4's, i was told that they could not tell if i was running on diesel or veg oil, i would have to pay higher charge.
                        It struck me afterwards, that LPG and electric vehicles are ALL DUEL FUEL.
                        Glad i am not moving to Richmond. If they start that in Ealing, i will fiht it all the way.
                        Philip
                        Still Searching,
                        Dick Whittington

Comment

Ah haaa....

Comment

Originally posted by Philip
                            It would appear that they may stop charging people using less than 22500 ltrs or their abouts. When i send them my monthly cheque for £4-£5 it cost them more to process it than the amount i pay.
                            At present i am running on 25% diesel without any startup problems which surprises me. I wonder if because the computer has been chipped, done before i bought car, if that has made a difference.
                            One interesting and annoying point. When i contacted Richmond upon Thaqmes mayor, re their £300 residents parking permit for 4x4's, i was told that they could not tell if i was running on diesel or veg oil, i would have to pay higher charge.
                            Glad i am not moving to Richmond. If they start that in Ealing, i will fiht it all the way.
                            Philip
                            Welcome to the vote Phil, it's 2500 litres

Comment

Philip

Im lucky with the present Surf, I have a tank in the boot and a heater in the engine bay so I can switch when ever iI like, so at least I would be able to send them a pic of my tank in the boot.. in fact, do you want me to take some so you can use them? he he

Comment

One interesting
                                and annoying point. When i contacted Richmond upon Thaqmes mayor, re their £300 residents parking permit for 4x4's, i was told that they could not tell if i was running on diesel or veg oil, i would have to pay higher charge.
                                Philip
                                Global wrming wll cause the polar ice caps to melt, and all those billions of tons of fresh cold water will stop the Atlantic conveyor, and we will end up with a climate similar to Canada...... ie Damn cold and plenty snow and ice!!
                                Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Working...
                                X