Veg oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veg oil

Can anyone tell me if it is safe to put veg oil in my truck please. Had a chat to a fellow surfer today who said that he puts half diesle half veg oil straite in is this right can u do this without treating it first cheers chaps. mitsy.

Yup. Look at the veg oil sticky at the top of the general index for more indepth info.

Comment

Hi Mitsy, read the very first post at the top of the page. All your questions will be answered there. Or use the search function and type in veg oil.
      'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
        Yup. Look at the veg oil sticky at the top of the general index for more indepth info.
        Damn Matt, how quick are you? I type a two line reply and you beat me to it while I was typing, man thats fast!
        'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Yes i did read that but it still doesnt tell me weather it would be safe for me to do it and do any of u do this as well ,cheers chaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitsy
            Yes i did read that but it still doesnt tell me weather it would be safe for me to do it and do any of u do this as well ,cheers chaps.
            only if the c@e dont catch you

i use it
            Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by Copycat
              Damn Matt, how quick are you? I type a two line reply and you beat me to it while I was typing, man thats fast!
              We've had lots of practice at speed replies when Bushwhacker was in his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitsy
                yes its safe to use Mitsy but you will want to make sure you have a spare fuel filter handy just incase the crud from the tank gets sucked up.
                Also you ought to register with Customs and excise before using it or you could lose your truck if caught or one hell of a fine.
                If your a right honest person you would declare all you use like we all do.
                I have just written off to HMRC about getting the duty lowered what i pay and if i have any luck i will post a copy of the letter in the Veg Oil thread for anyone to use
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

There's a place that sells proper above board stuff near Malvern. If you're passing through, try it out. Bransford Biofuels.
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I use veg oil too have fitted a heated fuel cat (like the one you see at the top of the page) if you get one get it from tonyn as he supplys all you need to fit it so you dont have to do what i did and have to hunt for the pipes and connectors! my car runs really well on a 1/3 of a tank of oil. will use more in the summer. only probablem is my glow plugs need replacing and its a bit more noticable in the cold with the oil mix! will get it sorted and it will be fine again. Have a good read of all the info you can, get yourself registered, while you have too, cos they will treat you like you've been running on red diesel if you get caught. not worth the hassel.

good luck!!!
                    it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                      We've had lots of practice at speed replies when Bushwhacker was in his prime.
                      Yes its noticeable now he has passed 10,000
                      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

i'm still running on about 30l of veg to 20l roughly diesel at the moment and it seems to be running fine on that but anymore than 30l of oil and it starts to get a bit lumpy on tickover

Comment

Originally posted by Copycat
                          Hi Mitsy, read the very first post at the top of the page. All your questions will be answered there. Or use the search function and type in veg oil.
                          or u will just get this thread up again
                          Cheers

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                            yes its safe to use Mitsy but you will want to make sure you have a spare fuel filter handy just incase the crud from the tank gets sucked up.
                            Also you ought to register with Customs and excise before using it or you could lose your truck if caught or one hell of a fine.
                            If your a right honest person you would declare all you use like we all do.
                            I have just written off to HMRC about getting the duty lowered what i pay and if i have any luck i will post a copy of the letter in the Veg Oil thread for anyone to use
                            Am I supposed to tell them that I am using veg oil in my tank also ? I have used it for about 3 years in my old Surf and this one. This one has a tank in the boot so if I am dipped they wont notice.. Do I have to pay them money as when I last looked you just had to tell them what you where doing with it (and that sticky is too long to sift through).
                            -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

Originally posted by max6674
                              Am I supposed to tell them that I am using veg oil in my tank also ? I have used it for about 3 years in my old Surf and this one. This one has a tank in the boot so if I am dipped they wont notice.. Do I have to pay them money as when I last looked you just had to tell them what you where doing with it (and that sticky is too long to sift through).
                              your meant to pay 0.4835p per litre tax on veg oil thats used as fuel.Like i said in the other post i have written a letter to try and get my duty lowered on the svo and will let you all know the outcome.
                              Its not worth chancing losing your truck over in my opinion

Comment

Working...
                              X