• Failed !!!! :-(

Well, El Trucko Tremendo had the MOT today and failed on:

Excessive play in both front upper ball joints
    Rear anti-roll bar bushes excessively worn
    Excessive exhaust emissions
    Parking brake has no reserve travel

Off to RoughTrax to get me some parts!
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

That's not too bad. All fairly minor things. Do you normally use the handbrake?

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
      That's not too bad. All fairly minor things. Do you normally use the handbrake?
      Just ordered the bits, I'll get my mate to fit them tomorrow/wednesday then back to the testing station.

I never use it - ever....same as my car, so I drove home with it on to 'adjust it'
      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
        Just ordered the bits, I'll get my mate to fit them tomorrow/wednesday then back to the testing station.

I never use it - ever....same as my car, so I drove home with it on to 'adjust it'
        The handbrake is self adjusting I believe. Pumping the handbrake a few times, whilst keeping your foot off the brake pedal should adjust it. (I think, but may be wrong).

Comment

Bung a bottle of Forte in the tank and take it for a run, that will fix the exhaust pong.

Comment

a few liters of veg oil gets the emissions down as well.

cheers scotty

Comment

bin the rear anti roll bar and chuck in half a tank of veggie mate, if you havn;t ever greased your ball joints that may be all they need
              TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31
                bin the rear anti roll bar and chuck in half a tank of veggie mate, if you havn;t ever greased your ball joints that may be all they need
                HI DREW! Have you done the EGR Mod? Mudsurfer
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31
                  Seeing as the anti roll bar was on for the mot then has'nt it got to be on when it goes back in for the re-test.I know if it's not on for the mot to start with then it's ok
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Good job its not a biannual mot yet

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                      The handbrake is self adjusting I believe. Pumping the handbrake a few times, whilst keeping your foot off the brake pedal should adjust it. (I think, but may be wrong).

Are you sure Matt?

I've been under mine to adjust the cable. I'm pretty sure that it's not self adjusting. i might be wrong though.

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                        Are you sure Matt?

I've been under mine to adjust the cable. I'm pretty sure that it's not self adjusting. i might be wrong though.
                        I believe so, but I could be wrong. Bushwhacker or Tony will be able to answer for definite, but I seem to remember it coming up in the past due to people not using their handbrakes, thereby the handbrake doesn't have opportunity to readjust. But, I would confirm it with one of the more knowledgeable ones before taking it as fact.

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                          Are you sure Matt?

The back brakes self adjust, but the handbrake can be adjusted for cable stretch, I think your right in pumping the handbrake with the footbrake off adjusts the back brakes, I normally whip the drums off, blow out all the dust, make sure everything works then put them back together

As for the anti roll bar.... if it was on when it was MOT'd It has to be on for the re-test.
                          Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Working...
                          X