Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=vatchman]
    Originally posted by MattF
    yea both sides.never mind ill get some more indicators from halfrauds,with proper bulbs in this time and ill use these as marker lights.all is not lost.
    You've piqued my curiosity now. Is it just two bulbs that you have replaced with LED units? Where exactly have you connected the resistors?

Comment

Couldn't you wire up an extra bulb holder and leave it hidden somewhere to return the load to pretty much normal and have the LEDs, but i can't see why matt's resistor isn't doin that anyway? What would happen if it was in series rather than parralel?

:i'll get me coat, coz i know nothing really, just throwin my thought processes around:
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

[QUOTE=MattF]
        Originally posted by vatchman

You've piqued my curiosity now. Is it just two bulbs that you have replaced with LED units? Where exactly have you connected the resistors?
        ok the two main indicators that were in the bumper,are gone.the two wing mounted repeaters are still used.the two motorcycle lamps are fitted on the front just below the tube bumper.there are four wires from each indicator four on the left and four on the right.these are then paired up one set is an earth the other is pos.,i have wired them like this.pos and neg to pos and neg on indicator.then from the pos on the indicator i have fitted the resistor and earthed this out.correct or not?
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
          Couldn't you wire up an extra bulb holder and leave it hidden somewhere to return the load to pretty much normal and have the LEDs, but i can't see why matt's resistor isn't doin that anyway? What would happen if it was in series rather than parralel?

:i'll get me coat, coz i know nothing really, just throwin my thought processes around:
          i have already though of that one.yes i could but thats defeating the object a bit.its my own fault,i should of replaced the lamp units with proper bulb replacements and not leds.
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

[QUOTE=vatchman]
            ok the two main indicators that were in the bumper,are gone.the two wing mounted repeaters are still used.the two motorcycle lamps are fitted on the front just below the tube bumper.there are four wires from each indicator four on the left and four on the right.these are then paired up one set is an earth the other is pos.,i have wired them like this.pos and neg to pos and neg on indicator.then from the pos on the indicator i have fitted the resistor and earthed this out.correct or not?
            Sounds okay. I'm just head scratching as to why it's not working. They should be introducing slightly more load than the bulbs did, so can't think why they're still repeating too fast. A cr@ppy diagram below just to double check.

Comment

ahh.ok ive just had a thought ive grounded the resistor to the chassis,maybe i should of grounded this back to the earth loop on the indicator circuit.????
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

ahh.ok ive just had a thought ive grounded the resistor to the chassis,maybe i should of grounded this back to the earth loop on the indicator circuit.????
                Shouldn't matter exactly where it's grounded, unless they've done some funky wiring setup. Might be worthwhile giving it a quick try though, just in case.

Comment

Shouldn't matter exactly where it's grounded, unless they've done some funky wiring setup. Might be worthwhile giving it a quick try though, just in case.
                  ok its to dark to mess around now plus its $$$$ing down,so ill have a look tomorrow thanks for the help fatt.bushy and nero.
                  www.overfab.uk

Comment

One other quick question. Just on the off chance that the bulbs are fused separately to the relay, are the actual indicators flashing when you indicate?

Comment

One other quick question. Just on the off chance that the bulbs are fused separately to the relay, are the actual indicators flashing when you indicate?
                      yea they are,
                      www.overfab.uk

Comment

yea they are,
                        That's screwed that theory then. Just had a look at the wiring diagram, and there doesn't appear to be any fancy setup to the wiring, just a straight ground to chassis config.

Comment

That's screwed that theory then. Just had a look at the wiring diagram, and there doesn't appear to be any fancy setup to the wiring, just a straight ground to chassis config.
                          mmmmm.ill try grounding out the earth loop anyway just to see what happens.
                          www.overfab.uk

Comment

mmmmm.ill try grounding out the earth loop anyway just to see what happens.
                            If that doesn't make any difference, I'll try and have a session testing on mine tomorrow, (weather permitting). This'll be bugging me now 'til I know what's causing it.

Just as a slight aside, does anyone have any scr@p flasher relays?

Comment

yea they are,
                              Matt, have you measured the resistance of an indicator bulb? The load doesn't have to be far off before the flash rate goes funky!

Vatch, if you can wait for the 'run to the hills', I'll sort it out for you there if it isn't just a daft wiring error (which you'll spot easily being an intelligent gent - where's me sliders?!)
                              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

If that doesn't make any difference, I'll try and have a session testing on mine tomorrow, (weather permitting). This'll be bugging me now 'til I know what's causing it.

Just as a slight aside, does anyone have any scr@p flasher relays?
                                If you know the FORD part number I'll have a sort through mine.
                                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                                X