Where did you pass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ian619
    Portsmouth, (north end) second time round in nineteen hundred and summat or other
    when they had the bloke going ahead with a red flag...
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
      when they had the bloke going ahead with a red flag...
      then behind him was a horse and cart,guess who was driving it.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
        then behind him was a horse and cart,guess who was driving it.

LOL
        it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Clunie Place, Aberdeen. Though its closed now. Passed first time, however I recently had a defensive driving course thorugh work (compulsory) and was told that I would have failed my test, because I wasn't using the bus lane.
          There are 10 kind of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

'There's no place like 127.0.0.1'

Comment

Passed first time, 1968, in Wigan, during a thunderstorm

Spoggle

Comment

Passed first time in Fallingbostel, West Germany - driving a RHD AEC 10 tonne truck, no power assistance and a crash gearbox too ........... straight from pushbike to HGV2

There were two of us learning at the same time and our instructor used to change us over in a layby - on the move ! We'd get her down to 1st gear (crawling speed) and just swap seats (tickover would keep her going) the funny thing was that the layby we always used was occupied by the infamous Layby Lill of yellow Golf and short skirt fame .......

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Car test passed first time in Chingford, HGV first time pass in Southampton. (Botley)

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                  Car test passed first time in Chingford, HGV first time pass in Southampton. (Botley)

failed mine twice in loughton (with worst examiner for miles who apprently recieves regular death threats and has to be moved from centre to centre!)
                  then went and passed in chingford!
                  Tim
                  Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                    Don't forget the delightful one at Hemel too
                    Yeah the Original Magic Roundabout experiment......
                    I think NOT (but it does work) Somehow !!!!!! My how they multiplied

Passed my Test first time @17 in an ex GPO Yellow Moggy 1000 Van after 45 mins in a queue & 15 mins in a Carpark !!!!
                    The Instructor just wanted to get some fresh air .........

There's always a Payback .... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
                    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Passed my test at RAF St Athen in about 1963 app. You had to pass a test in a 3 ton lorry first, before they even let you in a car. I remember first time getting in car and saying to instructor, don't tell me how to drive the car, just how to stop it.
                      Philip
                      Still Searching,
                      Dick Whittington

Comment

I passed first time in Crawley. I was always told that it was easier than Redhill or Reigate because it was so flat. Still I manged to stall it on an inclined junction, but beacuse I didn't panic and carried out the proper proceedure i.e. handbrake, gearbox in neutral etc etc the examiner still passed me. He said that he had already felt I was good enough to pass before the err hicup.
                        Got an itch, might need to scratch it soon.

Comment

Passed a moped test in 1966 , m/bike in 1967 and car in 1969, all first time in Fishponds, Bristol . Don't believe that test centre is there any more.

I always though that having ridden a scooter for three years made it so much easier to drive a car, as you already had clutch/throttle/brake control sussed in your head. Also, although I had 12 lessons + the test (which cost the princely sum of £13 for all those lessons) I did cheat somewhat by buying a cheap (£50) Standard 10, which I used to drive around at night with my mate, who had a licence, sitting in the passenger seat to make it legal.

I found that a much better way to learn to drive, because I knew where I wanted to go, instead of having to wait for the instructor to tell me where he wanted me to drive, so could anticipate where I needed to brake/turn etc and made driving so much smoother. Going to the test, the instructor picked me up from work at lunchtime and just let me decide how to get to the test centre. He didn't say a word all the way there but, after I'd come back having passed, he said the drive to the test centre was the best he'd ever seen me drive.
                          Mike G

Comment

Passed in sunny Bournemouth 1st time.
                            Working at last.......

Comment

i passed mine just before my 18th birthday!! learnt in a fiesta!! on my first test the examiner dropped his guts in the car and in a fleeting effort to open a window and get some air i wasnt paying that much attention so failed BUT on the 2nd test i had a nice welsh bloke who didnt have a clue about southampton! my test was over and hour long! 3 minors!! My instructor thought id crashed!! Did my pass plus a month or so later an did it in my first surf

Comment

passed at second attempt in crawley, same examiner both times.
                                Diesel, like petrol only better

Comment

Working...
                                X