What is it with the Head on Surfs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is it with the Head on Surfs

I have look at loads of adds for Surfs and loads of them have had the heads change even low mileage ones. Why is this?

Originally posted by HairyBulldog
    I have look at loads of adds for Surfs and loads of them have had the heads change even low mileage ones. Why is this?
    mainly on the earlier 2.4's there was a design fault on the heads but on the later 2.4's the modified heads were fitted.Its all to do with good maintenance aswell
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I bought a 3.0lt because of the head problems, but even I wasn't immune from this.

I don't know what maintenance mine had in Japan, but it's been maintained top notch by me since I've owned it, and still it went.

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
        I bought a 3.0lt because of the head problems, but even I wasn't immune from this.

I don't know what maintenance mine had in Japan, but it's been maintained top notch by me since I've owned it, and still it went.

I am looking for a 3lt diesel and I have seen Surfs with not more than 50,000 mile's on the clock that have had new head's. There is is a 95 3lt diesel for sale on this web site with 62,000 mile's that's had a new head. Is it a specific problem with the head's or is there a number of reasons they fail?

Comment

I am looking for a 3lt diesel and I have seen Surfs with not more than 50,000 mile's on the clock that have had new head's. There is is a 95 3lt diesel for sale on this web site with 62,000 mile's that's had a new head. Is it a specific problem with the head's or is there a number of reasons they fail?
          Simple bad luck on occasion, (as in Andy's case as he is obsessive with regards to maintenance), and pure lack of maintenance on the other, generally. Nothing will withstand abuse for ever. Most people never give cooling system maintenance a second thought, and then complain when the head goes through lack of said maintenance.

Comment

Hippo's done about 107,000 miles and she is on her orignal 1993 head
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Working...
            X